As a busy woman, I do my best to manage my time efficiently, which includes cooking meals that can last for a couple of days. One of my favorite meals (that my mom taught me how to cook) is her stuffed bell pepper recipe. If you’re a meat-lover who enjoys healthy, flavorful dishes, then you’ll adore this beef stuffed bell pepper recipe.
Beef Lover’s Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe
Not only does this hearty stuffed bell pepper recipe include nutrient-dense ingredients (including a mix of vitamin-rich vegetables, heart-healthy extra virgin olive oil, and protein-packed lean ground beef), it will also produce enough bell peppers to last a couple days, meaning less time in the kitchen, and more time enjoying life.
In addition, since this stuffed bell pepper recipe relies mostly on added seasonings (rather than butter) to impart major flavor, it makes it more healthy for you and your family to eat. Plus, you can add healthy side dishes (like steamed carrots), to complete the meal.
Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe Ingredients:
8 Bell Peppers
1 Yellow Onion (diced)
6 Fresh Garlic Cloves (minced)
Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese (1 Cup)
1 Package Ground Beef (85/15)
Garlic Powder (1 Tbsp)
Ground Black Pepper (1 Tsp)
Sea Salt (1 Tsp)
Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute (2 Tsp)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1/2 Cup)
Brown Rice (1 Cup)
Diced Tomatoes (1 Can)
Tomato Paste (1 Can)
1. Start by chopping up the onion and garlic into small pieces, then sautée the ingredients together in a pan (with EVOO), until the onion turns a light yellow color and softens.
2. In a separate pan, cook up the ground beef (with EVOO) on a medium-heat, until the beef is nearly fully-done.
3. Cook 1 cup of brown rice, which will then be stirred into the beef. Also add the onion and garlic into the pan of beef, making sure to thoroughly stir the ingredients. Allow the mixture to continue to cook on medium heat.
4. Add the can of diced tomatoes and the tomato paste into the beef mixture, stirring often. Continue cooking on a low heat for a few minutes until everything is hot.
5. Slice the tops off the bell peppers, clean-out the insides, and wash them thoroughly. Steam the bell peppers for a few minutes (in a stove top steamer), until they soften a bit.
6. Place the empty bell peppers into a baking pan (that is pre-coated with a bit of olive oil, to prevent sticking). With a spoon, scoop the beef mixture into each bell pepper.
7. Add shredded cheese onto the top of each stuffed bell pepper. Pop the bell peppers into a pre-heated oven (at 350 degrees) to bake for 20 minutes. Remove when fully-cooked (and the cheese is completely melted), and serve hot. The tops should have a slightly golden color when done.
You can store the remaining bell peppers in the refrigerator until the next night. They can easily be warmed up in the oven (or microwave) prior to serving the next day. It’s that easy!