It’s been called “Lively. Radiant. Lush… A color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony.” [Quote: Pantone] Taking a cue from the glimmering, magical city of Oz, emerald is being heralded by Pantone as the Color of the Year 2013.
With it’s rich vibrance, emerald is a brilliant shade of green that echoes the first awakenings of spring. Now that we’re moving out of the darkness of winter into the bright sunshine-filled days of spring, it’s a great time to perk up your wardrobe by injecting it with fun, playful colors and whimsical patterns.
Just because you want to wear the latest fashion trends and styles, doesn’t mean you need to spend a fortune. This edition of High-End vs. Affordable Fashion features cool emerald green leather jackets, see-through PVC handbags, and floral print wedges.
1. Acne Mape Cropped Leather Jacket ($1,350): When the weather is still a bit cool out, but you’re in the mood to show some spring-time flair, this cropped green leather jacket by Acne is the perfect fit.
2. V73 PVC Bag ($282): This neon yellow see-through PVC tote bag makes toting around all your belonging both fun and practical. Transparent carryalls are the choice of fashion editors everywhere and this version by V73 combines the features of a high-fashion accessory with a chic playful tone.
3. Kate Spade Dabney Floral Wedge Sandal ($258): Nothing says spring time like bright, bold flowers. Wear these whimsical wedges with everything from jeans to skirts, and the flourish of floral will finish any look with the carefree sensibility of spring.
4. Bernardo Leather Moto Jacket ($200): Eye-popping color revitalizes this leather jacket with vintage moto styling, including an asymmetrical-zip front and channel-quilted cuffs.
5. Furla Candy Bag ($228): Made of irresistibly colorful PVC, this on-trend, see-through handbag offers both functionality and playfulness.
6. Iron Fist Reina Muerta Wedge ($75): This tropical sandal features an orange fabric upper printed with large floral bursts. An adjustable wrapping ankle strap, and pretty bow at the vamp only add to this bright style.
6 Comments on “High-End vs. Affordable Fashion: Spring 2013 Trends”
Oksana Radionova says:
I am in love with emerald green! I was so excited when it was unveiled as Pantone’s Color of the Year because I have a TON of emerald green clothes! 😉 See how I styled emerald green pants in one of my recent posts: Green with Envy: Emerald Green Pants
Hi Oksana! I absolutely adore Emerald Green – it’s such a gorgeous color, and looks great on so many skin tones too.
Its So Beautiful! I Love Your Blog!! 🙂
lynda wiggins says:
love your blog 🙂 http://www.beautifulreviews.info
Rita Soares says:
really loved the post
lol the affordable is still too expensive for my taste. hahahaha, maybe if i get a promotion at my job~