To help you learn which foods will help you lose weight and get healthy, Inspirations & Celebrations Fitness Contributor, Jacqueline Hinton (a Los Angeles-based Pilates & fitness expert and the CEO of Good Citizen) shares fat-blasting diet and fitness tips to rev your metabolism.
People often think that to lose weight and fat that you need to eat less. Well, that’s one way—I guess—but it’s definitely not healthy and it’s not the optimal way to get rid of that nagging fat. What’s important to focus on is constructing a diet composed of foods that get your metabolism revving and burn fat while still enjoying what you eat. It’s not as daunting of a task as you might think. So, let’s check out some foods that’ll help you shed that pesky fat, while also looking at some tips to get your metabolism going even when you’re not.
Fat Burning Wonder Foods:
- Almonds and other nuts with skin intact help build muscle and reduce cravings
- Dairy products (fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese) build strong bones and fire up weight loss
- Turkey and other lean meats
- Soy and Canola oil
- Peanut Butter
- Fatty fish such as salmon, tuna, mackerel
Here’s an easy-to-follow diet plan that gets your metabolism revving while blasting fat:
Oatmeal w/cinnamon, ½ a banana, and pecans
Cinnamon helps fight belly fat
Half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
Yogurt w/ berries
*This is a perfect option for breakfast, too!
Lean protein such as steak or pork
Mixed vegetables (the more colorful the better)
Just a few important tips to get that metabolism revved up
- Make sure to eat enough. Yes you read that right! If you cut too many calories, your metabolism thinks times are lean and puts the breaks on fat burning to conserve energy.
- Eat breakfast! This all-too-important meal jumpstarts your metabolism and keeps your energy high all day. And eat 5 small meals a day so you never get to that hungry point!
- Drink coffee or tea before working out. This makes you burn more calories. Also, green tea has the active ingredient, catechin, which can crank up your metabolism.
- Drink plenty of water. Add your favorite fruits to add a refreshing flavor.
- Consume a high-protein diet. It takes longer for your body to burn protein than carbs or fat.
- Get more Vitamin D. Hello sunshine!
- Skip the second and third cocktail (as hard as it may be!).
- Build muscle and do it in the morning. Working out in the morning helps you burn calories all day.
- Keep your body guessing. Frequently change up your workout to help you stay motivated without getting bored!
Now you’re equipped with some helpful tips to rev up that metabolism of yours! And you now know a few fat-busting super foods to help you stay on track along the way. Follow these simple tips and you’ll increase the burn like you never thought you could.
Fitness Contributor: Jacqueline Hinton
Jacqueline Hinton is a Los Angeles based Pilates instructor, the CEO of the Pilates lifestyle brand Good Citizen, and a professional dancer with a BFA in Dance from The University of Texas at Austin. Jackie has over a decade in the Pilates industry and has forever changed the world of Pilates by creating the original personal Pilates loop. As a fitness contributor to Inspirations & Celebrations, Jackie shares exercise and fitness tips to help you shape and sculpt your body.
For more fab tips, pics and videos, follow Inspirations & Celebrations on Google+, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter. To win fab goodies, enter the Inspirations & Celebrations’ Monthly Giveaway.
[Photos via Pixabay]