Summer is here at last, and it’s time to get into something more seasonably comfortable. The search for the perfect summer dress is on, and with lots of exciting new fabrics and prints in the shops ready for summer, this season gives us a chance to really experiment with some hot new looks and cool new styles.
Here are some ideas for seeking out your perfect summer dress in 2013, and making the most of this season’s most sizzling trends.
Summer Dress Ideas for 2013
- Fabulous florals: How better to celebrate the start of summer than with a wonderful floral print? However, you should forget the dinky patterns of last year’s print tea dresses: this year it’s all about big, bold and colorful florals, so opt for a bright tailored dress with comfortable flats for when you’re headed for a day out with friends.
- Rhapsody in blue: Blue is the color of the season, so brighten up your wardrobe with a lovely summer dress in stunning royal blue. Pastels are very in too, so pick baby blue or a soothing sky blue to enhance your complexion and cheer up your day.
- Shimmering metallics: Metallics are very on-trend this season, and it’s not those harsh golds and silvers of last year. In place of these, you’ll find flattering pastel metallics on the street, which are ideal for evenings out and barbecues.
- Stripes: Big, bold, chunky stripes are the thing to be seen in this year. Get a nautical look with blue-and-white stripes, summery wedges and a few gold accessories.
- Maxi dresses: The maxi dress is still very much the must-have summer frock. This year, embrace the trends for bold patterns with tribal printed or thick striped Summer Maxi Dresses to add some interest to this wardrobe essential.
- Sheer perfection: Sheer panelled dresses are a big hit for summer clubbing and evenings out. Of course, you don’t have to go the whole hog and do a ‘side butt’ like Gwyneth Paltrow, but if you are body confident, there are some stunning figure-flattering numbers out there with sheer panels at the side or around the legs.
- Peek-a-boo: If you dare to bare, then figure-hugging dresses with sexy cut-outs are perfect for a night on the town. Model Irina Shayk recently demonstrated how the A-listers do it, on the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival. Of course, you don’t need to be quite that daring to pull off this look, but do pick a dress that accentuates your best bits and still covers your modesty!
- Split decision: Another daring wonder for 2013 is the fabulously sexy high-split dress. If you’ve been working hard at the gym and fancy showing off your toned pins but without going for a mini, the high leg split is perfect for flashing a bit of skin whilst still being elegant and classy. Choose a plain black or metallic dress for evenings out, or rock the look on the beach with a floral summer dress with a high-leg split.