Want to make your lips look fuller, but aren’t ready to commit to lip injections? Fortunately, with the right beauty products and makeup techniques, you can instantly plump up your pout without going to the plastic surgeon’s office. In today’s makeup tutorial, learn how to make your lips look fuller in 5 simple steps.
How To Make Your Lips Look Fuller
- To prep your lips for makeup, start by gently exfoliating lips with a lip scrub. This sloughs away dead skin cells, revealing healthy, fresh skin. Plus, it also makes your lips look fuller just by increasing circulation.
- To prime your lips, apply a moisturizing SPF lip balm. It’s important to hydrate and protect your delicate lips from the elements, which helps to minimize aging and dry skin. It also helps to fill in fine lines and smooth the skin, preparing it for lip makeup.
- Using a nude lipliner, line the outer rim of your lips going slightly above the lipline. This will give your lips a fuller appearance, making them look bigger. Then fill in your lips with the lipliner (to help your lipstick stick better, which increases wearability and longevity).
- Apply a long-wearing liquid lipstick in a light pink, nude, or peach shade (remember that lighter colors make your lips look fuller, whereas dark lipsticks make lips look smaller).
- Finish by applying a peach or pink lip gloss to the center of your lips. Press your lips together to diffuse the gloss. By applying a gloss to the center of your lips, it naturally draws light to the area, giving your lips a highlighted appearance (which makes them look fuller).
Another easy way to make your lips look fuller without getting lip fillers is by using a topical lip plumping product on top of your SPF lip balm. Using ingredients like bee venom or hyaluronic acid, these lip plumpers temporarily create the appearance of fuller lips. Plus, you can also use lip plumping devices (that use suction technology) to make your lips look fuller.
For more makeup tips and tutorials, check out the Makeup section on Inspirations & Celebrations.
Shop The Guide