From fine lines and wrinkles to sun spots and sagging, today’s beauty guide features anti-aging skincare tips from celebrity facialists, renowned skincare experts, and top Dermatologists.
As each year passes, we face new challenges to overcome. When it comes to our skin, it can sometimes seems like we’re on a never-ending journey of changes, always trying to figure out how to resolve one skin problem, before we conquer the next.
5 Anti-Aging Skincare Tips from Top Skin Experts
Whether you’re in your 20’s and want to get a head-start on your anti-aging skincare regime, or you’re in your 40’s and want to reverse the visible signs of aging, these must-read anti-aging skincare tips give you the insight you need to help your skin look youthful, healthy, and radiant.
1. ALWAYS USE SUNSCREEN: We’ve heard it many times before, but it’s true. The sun’s UV rays are damaging to the skin. Dr. Alan J. Parks, Founder of Eastside Dermatology and DermWarehouse.com says, “Make sure to apply sunscreen anytime you are exposed to the sun. Even though getting a tan might seem like a nice short-term benefit, in the long-run, it will age your skin and cause wrinkles.”
2. APPLY ANTIOXIDANTS: When it comes to anti-aging skincare, one of the most popular terms you’ll hear (relative to skincare products) is the word ‘antioxidants’. Dr. Tsippora Shainhouse, a board-certified Dermatologist at Rapaport Dermatology of Beverly Hills, states that “antioxidants help diminish free radical damage in the skin, caused by daily UV exposure. Used in the morning, antioxidants can prevent DNA damage by preventing oxidation during exposure; and when used at night, they help repaid potential damage from the day. Look for ingredients like vitamin C, vitamin E, coffee berry, resveratrol, acai, and green tea extracts.”
3. GET BEAUTY SLEEP: From Snow White to Sleeping Beauty, it seems like the fairest of them all always made sure to get adequate beauty sleep. Dr. Debra Jaliman, a board-certified Dermatologist in New York City reminds us that, “skin repairs itself while you sleep. (That’s why) beauty sleep is essential. Make sure to get 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Also, sleep on a silk pillowcase, so your face will slide and you won’t get sleep lines.”
4. STAY HYDRATED: Did you know that our body is 62.5% water? For radiant, dewy skin, it’s imperative that you stay hydrated throughout the day. Angela Portella, Spa Director at the Guerlain Spa in the Towers of the Waldorf Astoria New York explains how important it is that we get ample hydration. “Drinking too much coffee and alcohol without enough water can dry out the skin and cause wrinkled skin. For every cup of coffee of Mojito, be sure to balance it with a glass of water.”
5. APPLY ESSENTIAL OILS: Ever wonder how Jennifer Lopez gets that covetable, glowing complexion? Thanks to her Celebrity Facialist, Susan Ciminelli, Creator of the Susan Ciminelli Beauty Clinic (in New York City and Beverly Hills), touts the benefits of essential oils as must-have anti-aging skincare products. “What we can actively do is use pure essential oils with plant-based vitamins and minerals from the sea. This is the best thing your skin needs to turn back the clock!”
For more anti-aging skincare tips, check out the skincare articles on Inspirations & Celebrations.
For more fab tips, pics and videos, follow Inspirations & Celebrations on Google+, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter.
[Image credit: Shutterstock]