As Valentine’s Day approaches, it is so important that we remember to not just focus on romantic relationships but also on self-love and appreciation. Regardless of your relationship status, taking the time to celebrate you this Valentine’s Day will fill you with immense joy. To help fuel those loving vibes this February 14th, here are 40 wonderful methods for boosting your feelings of self-worth and love – because you matter too!
To get you started, here are a few fun activities you can do on Valentine’s Day to make yourself look and feel great.
Unwind and pamper yourself this Valentine’s Day with a self-care spa day right in the comfort of your own home. Make it special by using a scented bubble bath, lighting aromatic candles, applying nourishing face masks, and finishing off with hydrating body lotion for maximum luxury. It’ll be an unforgettable experience that will leave you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated!
Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to show yourself some love. A wonderful way to do this is by starting your own gratitude journal – take time out of the day to write down all that you are grateful for and appreciate about yourself, as well as everything in life that brings joy into it. Not only will reflecting on the positives help alleviate stress and increase self-confidence, but it can also be incredibly empowering.
On Valentine’s Day, why not practice self-care through yoga or meditation? Not only can these activities help reduce stress and anxiety, but also improve flexibility in the body from yoga. In addition to reducing stress, meditation has been known to increase focus and concentration levels too. All of this adds up to increased overall well-being.
Here are 40 other inspiring ways to love yourself on Valentine’s Day:
- Treat yourself this Valentine’s Day with a professional hair and makeup transformation. Book an appointment today with your favorite stylist or makeup artist for an unforgettable makeover.
- Escape to an in-state spa or wellness retreat with a day trip or weekend getaway. Revitalize your mind, body, and spirit as you take advantage of therapeutic treatments.
- Treat yourself to a nutritious and scrumptious meal that you cooked with your own two hands.
- Pamper yourself with a luxurious manicure or pedicure – your hands and feet deserve some special attention.
- Go for a peaceful stroll or hike in the natural world.
- Heighten your self-improvement by delving into a motivational or self-help book.
- Unleash your inner dancer or boost your energy by joining a dance or fitness class.
- Take a break from the digital world, and unplug from social media and other electronic devices for one day. A digital detox is a perfect way to re-energize your mind, body, and soul.
- Unwind and relax with your favorite tunes, be it a podcast or an album. Sing along to the lyrics and dance as if no one’s watching.
- Spoil yourself with a meaningful, special gift like an exquisite piece of jewelry or a stunning outfit that makes you feel radiant.
- Expand your horizons by exploring new and exciting hobbies such as painting, pottery making, DIY crafting, or enhancing your language skills. Learning something that you’d never thought to pursue can ignite a spark of creativity in you.
- Visualize your dreams and goals by creating a vision board to keep you inspired and motivated.
- Preserve your fondest memories and proudest accomplishments in a beautiful scrapbook!
- After a long day, reward yourself with a luxurious bubble bath filled with Epsom salt and lavender oil. Soak in the warm water to help soothe your body and relax your mind before turning in for the night.
- Rejuvenate your body and soul with a massage, or experience the benefits of acupuncture or reflexology.
- Cultivate a spirit of gratitude and revel in all the blessings already bestowed upon you. Writing in a journal about all the ways you have grown and evolved helps you realize how much personal progress you continue to make, which helps you boost your self-esteem and confidence.
- Bond with beloved acquaintances, connect with new people, and create meaningful relationships. Boost your serotonin and oxytocin by spending quality time with loved ones.
- Take some time to let your creative juices flow, whether it’s by writing a poem, creating a painting, or sketching. This helps you tap into your feminine energy and release emotions.
- Show yourself to the world! Capture a striking self-portrait and set it as your phone wallpaper or social media profile picture. Let others see your unique beauty, confidence, and style.
- Create a jar of gratitude, jot down the things you are thankful for and reread them when feeling low. Filling your heart with appreciation is an uplifting way to find joy in even the most trying times!
- Rejuvenate your body and mind by taking a nap or going to bed earlier. Not only will getting the necessary rest support you in managing stress, but it’ll also additionally increase your overall well-being and improve your mood.
- Write a letter to yourself and remind yourself of your strengths and achievements.
- Capture special moments, preserve cherished memories, and make a great first impression with professional photos.
- Make a difference in someone else’s life – give your time by volunteering or making a financial contribution to those less fortunate.
- Construct a self-care kit, curating items that bring you joy and calmness.
- Laugh out loud by watching a hilarious movie or TV show, or get caught up on the comedy series that you can’t stop loving.
- Unwind with a calming yoga class or find an online instructional guide to practice at your own pace.
- Unwind and de-stress with the power of aromatherapy! Utilize essential oils to soothe your mind, body, and soul for a sense of peacefulness.
- Make an effort to forgive and show kindness towards yourself. Write a list of positive affirmations that you can recite every morning when you wake up.
- Write a letter to your future self, expressing your hopes and aspirations. When you prioritize your life goals, dreams, and intentions, you show the Universe (and yourself) that you matter. This is the first step towards creating the life of your dreams.
- Treat yourself to a luxuriously revitalizing hot shower or relaxing soak in the tub with Epsom salt and lavender oil for ultimate comfort.
- Embrace mindfulness and stay focused on the present. Do a guided meditation or focus on deep breathing exercises for several minutes throughout the day. This helps to calm your nervous system, clear your mind, and balance your emotions.
- Treat yourself with understanding and graciousness. More often than not, people carry around feelings of unworthiness (usually stemming from painful childhood experiences). To help self-soothe from these difficult emotions that pop up, write or say out loud to yourself everything you forgive yourself for, all the flaws you accept yourself for having, and all the things you choose to love about yourself, even things you previously criticized yourself for. The more often that you can treat yourself with love and acceptance, the better life gets, and the more you feel greater self-worth and inner happiness, no matter how imperfect you are.
If you’re looking for some inspiration for self-care products, here are a few recommendations:
- For bubble baths, try non-toxic, organic, and handmade bubble bars.
- For face masks, try Origins’ Clear Improvement Mask.
- For body lotions, try Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Brightening & Smoothing Moisture Treatment.
- For journals, try The Five Minute Journal.
- For a yoga mat, try Manduka ProLite Yoga Mat or Jade Harmony Professional Yoga Mat.
Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion to prioritize pampering, relaxation, and contentment. Give yourself some love by treating yourself to activities that bring joy and comfort your soul – it doesn’t matter if you’re single or in a relationship. Celebrate all that life has given you with a special indulgence for yourself this Valentine’s Day. Go ahead; give into temptation and enjoy every moment of it! You deserve to feel loved, no matter who’s in your life.
[Disclosure: Affiliate links included. This author may earn a commission from purchases. Image credits: Inspirations & Celebrations and Rachel Zee Photography]