This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Line 39 Wine.
Content for 21+: The joy of backyard entertaining comes when you’ve put together the perfect Summer BBQ. You know – that cute and casual backyard party that’s both Instagram-worthy and yet totally fun to hang out at. Yeah, that one!
Well, that’s just what we learned how to do when we celebrated the start of Summer in San Francisco with Line 39 Wine and Weber® Grills. If you love backyard barbecues, keep reading – because today we’re spilling the beans on how to host the perfect Summer BBQ!
How to Host the Perfect Summer BBQ
In today’s Summer Entertaining Guide learn inspiring ideas and must-read tips for hosting a fun backyard barbecue. From classic check linens and rustic wood-carved plate chargers to a gourmet menu complete with food and wine pairings, here’s how to host the perfect Summer BBQ.
Plan The Menu
A little sunshine, good food and wine, and a sense of fun are all you need to find your Summer.
When coming up with a Summer BBQ Menu, spice things up by going above and beyond burgers and hot dogs. Class up your BBQ with gourmet eats (like Grilled Flank Steak and Bruschetta with Mozzarella), paired perfectly with different wine varietals.
Line 39 Wine & Weber® Grills created this delicious Summer BBQ Menu, perfectly pairing food and wine.
- Grilled Bruschetta with Mozzarella // Paired with Line 39 Sauvignon Blanc
- Grilled Flank Steak with Spicy Cucumber Salad // Paired with Line 39 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Grilled Corn with Lime and Cotija Cheese // Paired with Line 39 Chardonnay
- Grilled Peppers with Olives and Feta Cheese // Paired with Line 39 Chardonnay
- Fire Roasted Strawberries with Pound Cake and Chocolate Sauce // Paired with Line 39 Excursion Red Blend
About Line 39 Wines
Line 39 Wine offers palette-pleasing, award-winning and affordable wines that pair with a variety of dishes, making them an incredible value for only around $11 per bottle. Here are a few tasting notes to inspire your next food and wine pairing adventure this Summer.
- Line 39 Cabernet Sauvignon // This rich, fruit-forward Cab features robust flavors like currant, blackberry, and plum.
- Line 39 Sauvignon Blanc // This crisp, clean white wine exudes refreshing grapefruit and lemon flavors.
- Line 39 Excursion Red Blend // This decadent red exhibits flavors of blackberry jam, raspberries, and mocha.
- Line 39 Chardonnay // This light and delightful Chard offers hints of oak and lush tropical and stone fruit flavors.
Set-up a Self-Serve Food Station
Being a hostess requires a lot of attention to detail. But, if you want to have fun while entertaining (isn’t that the point of throwing a party anyhow?!), then you’ll have to get smart.
- Set-up a self-serve food station at least an hour before the party starts.
- Put out serving trays, platters, service ware, and all the basic essentials (like plates, napkins, cutlery, etc.). When you set-up a food station, guests serve themselves. That takes a responsibility off your plate, making your job as the hostess much easier.
- Give your guests lots of food options to choose from. Whether they’re on a gluten-free diet or going keto, serving a variety of foods (from grilled veggies to hearty meats) makes your guests happy campers.
Decorate the Dining Table
Set the stage for a fun backyard BBQ with all the trimmings by decorating the dining table.
- Decorate picnic tables with playful check print tablecloths.
- Add a splash of color with sunflower centerpieces in galvanized metal vases.
- Add a natural accent with mini pots filled with fresh herbs (that are also prepared in the food).
- For the place settings, add a rustic touch with a 1″ slab of wood, used as a plate charger.
- To put the food in center stage, opt for simple white plates and napkins.
- Add conversation starters to the decor, like a fun linen printed with the map of California on it.
- Let guests know where to sit with cute DIY wine cork place cards.
Get Grilling Like a Pro
Ever put a shrimp on the Barbie? Well, it’s embarrassing to admit – I never have! You read that right, a gal who loves hosting parties and BBQs has never actually grilled herself. Well, that’s about to change, and I couldn’t be more excited!
At the Line 39 party, I was surprised to win a new Weber® Q 1200 portable gas grill. The grill Gods must have thought it was about time that I learned how to get my grill on. So, thankfully with this new, easy-to-use grill and the Weber’s Greatest Hits cookbook, I’m ready to get grilling this Summer.
Since this Weber® Q 1200 portable gas grill folds up and is easy to clean, it’s a great choice for backyard barbecues, beach bonfires, and camping trips. It features porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates; a built-in lid thermometer, removable catch pan; stainless steel burner tube; folding side tables and more. Plus, the convenient barbecue tools make cooking and serving even easier.
A few helpful tips for grilling like a pro:
- Preheat the grill: Preheat grill with lid closed for 10-15 minutes, until the temperature reaches 500°F.
- Keep it clean: If food sticks to your cooking grate, while the grate is hot clean it with a Weber stainless steel grill brush.
- Add oil to food: Oil prevents food from sticking while adding flavor and moisture. When grilling, put oil on the food, but not the cooking grate.
- Keep the lid down: For an added safety measure, keep the lid down as much as possible to limit the amount of oxygen inside the grill, which helps to extinguish any flare-ups.
#FindYourSummer with the #Line39Wine Giveaway
Want to host a perfect Summer BBQ this season? Line 39 is teaming up with Weber® Grills to host a fun summer sweepstakes! Visit line39bbq.com or text BBQ to 797979 for your chance to win a Weber® Q 1200 portable gas grill for all your outdoor adventures and backyard barbeques. See line39wines.com/sweeps for official rules and look for displays in store.
Cheers to finding your ultimate Summer!
Thanks to Kim Baile for the above photo of me winning my Weber® Grill! This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Line 39 Wine.