Although the majority of the world celebrated the mark of the New Year on January 1st, the Chinese culture is preparing for their own festivities in honor of Chinese New Year (on February 10th).
“Chinese New Year is the longest and most important festivity in the Chinese calendar. The origin of Chinese New Year is itself centuries old and gains significance because of several myths and traditions. Chinese New Year is celebrated in China and in countries and territories with significant Chinese populations, including Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Mauritius, Philippines, and also in Chinatowns elsewhere.” [Source: Wikipedia]
Similar to western Astrology, in the Chinese culture, each year is identified by one of twelve specific animals (such as a rooster, horse, tiger, etc.) assigned to their zodiac calendar. 2013 is recognized as the year of the snake.
A fun way to get in the spirit of the Chinese New Year and to celebrate The Year of The Snake is with snake-inspired fashion, jewelry, and accessories. Featured here are several fabulous finds, including sensational snake-shaped rings and bracelets, and exotic snakeskin shoes and bags.
Strike a pose with this gold snake-effect leather (goat) clutch purse by renowned designer Michael Kors.
Metallic highlights touch the snake-embossed pattern on these nubuck alice + olivia pumps, lending a rock-n-roll edge to the sexy silhouette.
This sinuous ring features a golden serpent elegantly surrounding the finger, covered in diamonds. Ruby eyes complete the elegant artistry of this 18K yellow gold ring.
This chic, compact box clutch features cream and gray rat snake material, with a concealable gold chain strap, gold hardware, and fully lined interior.
Slinky, sexy, and just a bit dangerous; the Melinda Maria Nikki serpent cuff bracelet in onyx will lend a playfully dark edge to any outfit. The 18K gold plated snake shines with onyx and white diamond cubic zirconia; and eyes of marquis emerald cubic zirconia.
Put an exclamation point on your fashion statement with the sexy Latese pump, featuring a bold ankle strap, high heel, and open toed sandal cut-out.
This pave diamond, swirl snake ring features ruby eyes, set in 14k yellow gold and rhodium. Singing sensation, Rihanna, wore this dynamic pave swirl snake ring when she performed at the 2012 finale of the hit television show, “The Voice.”
LINKS À LA MODE: THE IFB WEEKLY ROUND UP: JANUARY 31ST
- Bon Vivant and a Budget: Trendspotting – Baseball Cap Beauties
- Chic City Life: IFB Conference Has Arrived
- Dress Code High Fashion: Jean Paul Gaultier’s Homage to 80s Pop Icons
- Emphatically Elle: Mix & Match Style Essentials for Under $50
- Fashioned By Love: Emporers New Clothes or Am I Going Mad?
- IFB: Get To Know This Season’s Smart, Sassy & Stylish IFBcon Speakers
- Informed Style: Inspiration – Traditional Lu Jacket
- Inspirations & Celebrations: Celebrate the Year of the Snake
- Lollie Shopping: Five Favorite Fashion Moments on Film
- Peace Love Sequis: Outfit Recreations
- Pearls & Twirls: Tuesday Twirls – Tights
- Pittsburgh in Polka Dots: Plaid + Tweed Under The Kissing Bridge
- Pudding Monster: Spring Blossom
- Quiet Beginning: The Density of Light
- Style Sizzle: How to Keep Your Jeans from Bleeding
- TBW Idea: Exclusive Interview With Fashion Photographer Alberto Maria Colombo
- The Curatorial: Yoox.com – The Polemics of the New Purveyors of Art
- The Fluff Report: Red & Pink: Bobbi, Bloggers & Beauties
- The In Club: What the Hell is Wrong with Ads Today?
- Youth Savage: How Much Do Ideas Cost?