Feeling inspired to cook healthier vegan meals this year? Here’s one of my favorite recipes (that tastes delicious).
This easy-to-make coconut curry veggie pasta takes less than 30-minutes to make. Plus, this vegan recipe is full of healthy vegetables and yummy orzo pasta. Read on to discover why I love this nutritious vegan recipe.
Coconut Curry Veggie Pasta – A Healthier Vegan Recipe That Tastes Delicious
From rich spices like ginger and turmeric to antioxidant-rich veggies, this delicious vegan recipe is one of my fave ways to stay healthy during winter. Plus, it’s always the meal my body craves if I feel a head cold coming on. Here’s how to make it and why it’s so good for you!
Coconut Curry Veggie Pasta Ingredients:
- 2 tbs. avocado oil: This is a healthier oil to cook with, and can improve your overall health and well-being.
- 1 tbs. ground curry: The curcumin contained in this spice is said to help prevent or treat cancers.
- 2 tsp. ground ginger: The anti-inflammatory effects of this spice help to aid digestion.
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric: This spice contains powerful medicinal properties that can boost immunity.
- ½ cup sliced toasted almonds: This heart-healthy nut is a great source of vegan protein.
- 2 cups spinach: This dark leafy green is considered a superfood, and promotes skin, hair, and bone health.
- 2 cups mixed tomatoes: This antioxidant-rich veggie contains lycopene, which provides health benefits.
- 2 cups bell peppers (chopped): These nutritious vegetables are rich in vitamin C and carotenoids.
- 5 fresh garlic cloves (minced): Known to help prevent head-colds, garlic is anti-bacterial.
- 1 cup whole wheat orzo pasta: This fiber-rich (and delicious pasta) is also low in calories.
- ½ cup organic coconut curry sauce: Containing coconut milk, which contains good-for-you vitamins and minerals, a coconut curry sauce is a healthier way to add flavor to a meal.
Coconut Curry Veggie Pasta Directions:
Step 1: Chop and mince the vegetables, and measure out the oil and spices.
Step 2: Sauté the garlic in a little avocado oil on medium-high heat, until it softens and turns golden.
Step 3: Add the spinach, tomatoes, and bell peppers to the pan. Mix together and cook on medium until spinach wilts. To help the veggies soften, put the lid on the pan to help steam them.
Step 4: Add the spices to the veggies and stir together. Continue to cook on low heat while pasta is cooking.
Step 5: In a pot, bring water to a boil and add orzo pasta. Stir occasionally. Boil for 9-10 minutes, until al dente. Then strain.
Step 6: Add the coconut curry sauce to the veggies and mix together.
Step 7: Mix in the cooked orzo pasta and stir thoroughly. Serve hot.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes, check out the Diet & Nutrition section on Inspirations & Celebrations.
[Disclaimer: This post is for informational purposes only. Consult with a registered dietician or doctor for any health-related advice.]