When our immune systems are not strong and our bodies need a break from the stress of daily life, that’s usually the time that a head cold ensues. Whether we’re around people who are sick or we just experience an unpredictable change of weather that we didn’t pack for, all of these external conditions take its toll on our systems, which can often result in a head cold. Instead of completely succumbing to the fatigue, coughs, and runny noses brought on by a head cold, with the right steps and products, we can quickly cure a head cold.
5 Ways To Cure A Head Cold
1. Have you ever noticed that a head cold seems to come right after a stressful or busy period? That’s because your body finally has a moment to rest, and when you experience the first symptoms of a head cold. During this time frame, it’s imperative that you relax and de-stress, to enable your body to naturally restore its balance and heal itself.
2. To help eliminate any toxins in your body and to stay hydrated (since it’s easy to become dehydrated when you’re sick), drink lots of liquids (such as water and fruit juice).
3. At the first sign of a head cold, nutritional supplements (like Quick Defense) and vitamins can be taken. These help boost your immune system by providing your body with essential nutrients (such as Vitamin C). In addition, herbs such as Echinacea & Goldenseal can be helpful in preventing and curing a head cold.
4. Since your throat can easily keep sore and your nasal passages can get blocked during a head cold, a humidifier placed in your bedroom can help keep your throat hydrated while you sleep.
5. Last but certainly not least, eat lots of healthy fruits and vegetables, which are loaded with health-boosting vitamins. Avoid cheese and dairy (which can lead to congestion), as well as sugar, fats, and processed foods. To strengthen your immune system and get you well, your body needs all the nutrients it can get.
In addition to the above 5 steps, think positive thoughts and focus on getting well. Remember that old saying, “Mind over matter”? Well, it’s very possibly true! More scientific studies are being conducted to prove the link between the brain and the body. So, think about health and wellness, and you will help create it.
[Image Credit: Shutterstock; Disclaimer: This post is for informational purposes; always consult with a Doctor regarding health matters.]