In a few short weeks, the clocks will change, the snow will begin to melt, and the first signs of Spring will be imminent. In anticipation of a fresh new season, it’s fun to look ahead at the spring fashion trends that we get to enjoy this year.
From bold prints to understated elegance, there’s no shortage of interesting and eye-catching pieces this season to play with. Featured here are five fashion trends that evoke a chic and sophisticated quality to them.
1. GRAPHIC STRIPES: This season, you might think you’re seeing jailbirds all over the place. But, don’t let your eyes fool you… one of the most popular spring fashion trends that’s taking over are wide stripes. Whether they be in a horizontal or vertical pattern, nothing gets attention like this striking print.
2. RUFFLES: Feminine and flouncy, ruffles are making a comeback this year. If the exaggerated ruffles shown on the runway are too much for you, try a modified version in the form of a delicately ruffled dress or blouse. This style looks especially sweet in a chiffon or silk fabric.
3. MODERN TUXEDOS: Taking a cue from menswear, the updated tuxedo (for women) is a chic and stylish look that always looks smart and sexy. If a full tuxedo feels too traditional for you, why not coordinate the jacket with a pair of jeans, for a downtown evening look?! Even though the modern tuxedo is one of the top spring fashion trends this season, it’s a timeless classic that will become a staple in your wardrobe.
4. DUFFLE BAGS: The sister bag to the always practical tote bag, duffle bags are a great way to stash extra items in your purse (such as an iPad or documents), and even works as an overnight bag (for those last-minute weekend getaways).
5. SLIDE SHOES: From kitten-heeled sandals to comfortable and cute wedges, the easy to wear slide-into-it shoe will become your go-to shoe this spring.
Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup For March 7th:
- De Smitten: Top 10 Distressed Denim Picks for 2013
- Arash Mazinani: How Luxe Fashion Shopping is Changing Our Shopping Experience with In Store Tech
- The Photogramps: 10 Tips for Thrift Shopping
- Anjelais: Tomqueen Style
- Nothing to Wear Novello: Pin This, Why Are We Hooked on Pinterest?
- Look Sharp Sconnie: Smileish: Is Frowning Cool?
- I Shoot Style: DIY Michael Kors Zipped-Split Pencil Skirt
- Calico Casa: Like Mother, Like Daughter
- Stylelinked: Love Affair with The Indian Jangle
- Trend Alert: Transparencies
- *Rocketraptor: How Blogging Made Me a Perfectionist
- Undercover Dress-Up: Hair Bow Tutorial
- Happy Pretty Sweet: Marie Antoinette Queen of Fashion
- STYLONYLON: In Defense of Fashion Bloggers: The Bloggers Who Inspire Me to Buy
- Inspirations and Celebrations: Spring Trends for 2013
- Indie Punk Goddess: Why Does Money Influence Diversity in Fashion?
- Collections and Volumes: Beauty, What the Hell is That?
- The Shoe Pendant: To Follow The Trend Or Not, It’s Up To You
- Style Tab: Pajama Party
- Foxy Oxie Supernova: How to Style Sequin Skirt Series