Not even bad weather could bring a fabulous Fashion Week down. Miss Universe Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters showed us all just how NYFW style is supposed to be done, from her picture-perfect hair to her sky-high stilettos.
CHI stylist Tammy Mixon played upon Demi’s classic beauty with a sleek and chic chignon hairstyle that would complement any high fashion attire and stay flawless through the NY Drizzle. In today’s beauty tutorial, CHI shows you how to recreate her effortless hairstyle.
Sleek & Chic Chignon Hairstyle Tutorial
1. Prep hair by spraying CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protecting Spray throughout the hair.
2. Taking 1” sections, smooth hair using the CHI LAVA 1” Hairstyling Iron, paying close attention to smoothing the root area. Curl the ends of the hair slightly under.
3. Create a deep side part on the preferred side.
4. Divide hair into 3 equal sections. Left, right and back. Smooth the back section only into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic band and pins. The two front sections remain lose.
5. Take one front section and wrap around the pony clockwise, secure with a pin into ponytail. Take the remaining side section and wrap around the pony counter clockwise, secure with a pin into the ponytail.
6. Twist the ponytail tightly, wrapping it around itself clockwise until a bun is formed. Secure in with pins.
For more inspiring hairstyle tutorials and expert tips, check out the Hair section on Inspirations & Celebrations.
[Images and tutorial c/o CHI. This is not a sponsored post.]