As the weather starts to chill, our bodies begin to crave hearty, filling foods to sustain our energy throughout the day. But, a natural tendency for many of us during this time period is to start eating comfort foods that make us feel full. But, consuming rich or fatty foods will only lead to unwanted weight gain, high cholesterol levels, and lower vitality.
Healthy Fall Meals
The good news is that we don’t have to “diet” to stay fit and healthy. There are easier (and tastier!) ways to stay lean and in-shape. Featured here are easy-to-make (and oh-so-delicious) healthy fall meals that you can whip up in just 30 minutes.
When you’re a busy person and always on-the-go, it’s important to find flavorful, nutrient-dense meals that nourish your body and give you the energy you need to tackle any project. But, finding the time in a jam-packed schedule to cook a nutritious meal can sometimes be a challenge.
That’s where the oh-so-filling and tasty Progresso™ Light Soups can help. Available in 40 delicious flavors (such as Savory Beef Barley Vegetable and Creamy Chicken Alfredo with Pasta) at only 100 calories (or less) per serving, Progresso™ Soups are great for helping to beat diet boredom and keep us on-track to being healthy and fit, without having to sacrifice flavor.
These low fat soups (which are WeightWatchers-endorsed) contain no artificial flavors or MSG. Within minutes of heating on a stove or in a microwave, you can have a diet-friendly meal that’s bursting with delicious flavors and energy-providing nutrients.
Another fabulous meal that’s easy to prepare, low in calories, and high in essential vitamins, protein, and fiber is a Harvest Salad topped with Roasted Organic Vegetables, Glazed Toasted Pecans, and strips of Sautéed Chicken.
Inspired by a recipe from Better Homes and Gardens (October 2014 issue), this version is a spin on their gourmet style meal. Here’s how to quickly and easily whip up this restaurant-worthy meal in less than 30 minutes. Not only does this meal contain no added sodium, saturated fat, or chemicals, it’s also incredibly tasty and good for you.
Raw Chicken Tenders
5 Small Steamed, Peeled Beets
8 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5-6 Organic Parsnips (peeled and chopped)
5-6 Organic Carrots (peeled and chopped)
4 Medium Shallots (peeled and quartered)
2 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme
1 Tsp. Dijon style Mustard
1 Tsp. Honey
1 Clove Garlic (Minced)
8 Cups Torn Romaine
1/3 Cup Chopped Pecans
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
Seasoning & Spices
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. After washing, cutting, and chopping the vegetables (carrots, parsnips, and beets), place them in a baking pan and drizzle 2 tbsp. of olive oil on them. Roast for 30 minutes.
2. Pour a handful of pecans into a separate pan. Drizzle Maple Syrup on top and pop in the oven (for about 20 minutes).
3. While the vegetables are roasting and the pecans are toasting, sauté strips of chicken in a pan (medium heat) using heart-healthy olive oil to grease the pan (instead of butter or vegetable oil). Sprinkle seasoning (like a mixture of spices, such as onion, black pepper, celery seed, cayenne pepper, oregano, rosemary, cumin, etc.) all over the chicken. Make sure to flip the chicken over a few times, to ensure its thoroughly cooked (this should take about 10 minutes). To keep the chicken moist while cooking, keep the lid on the pan.
3. Chop the Romaine lettuce and whip up the salad dressing. In a small bowl, combine 6 tbsp. olive oil, red wine vinegar, thyme, garlic, honey, and Dijon-style mustard. Using a spoon or egg beater, whip up the ingredients until smooth.
4. When everything is roasted, toasted, and cooked to perfection, simply toss the lettuce in the dressing, and place the strips of chicken, toasted pecans, and warm roasted veggies on top.
Voila! In just 30 minutes you’ve created a healthy fall meal that’s bursting with flavor and packed with nutrients.
In celebration of Fall, Progresso™ wants to help us stay fit while being healthy this season. To help us stay motivated, they’re hosting the ProgressOh Contest. Oh yes you can enter for a chance to win a wardrobe makeover for you and three of your friends, courtesy of Progresso™! Enter the ProgressOh! wardrobe makeover contest at Progresso.com/ProgressOh. Four deserving Progresso™ fans and three of their friends will each win a $1,000 cash card and a year-long subscription to the POPSUGAR “Must Have Box”. Enter today for your chance to win these fabulous prizes.
[Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Progresso™ through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Progresso™, all opinions are my own.”
For more fab tips, pics and videos, follow Inspirations & Celebrations on Google+, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter.