Over the past several years, fashion bloggers influence over the popularity of fashion trends has become increasingly more powerful. From sitting front-row at New York Fashion Week runway shows to getting national exposure in leading publications (such as Vogue, Lucky Magazine, and Glamour) to virally-sharing reviews of products and brands, the rise of fashion bloggers represents a major evolutionary shift in the way designers and merchandisers market new products and promote new trends.
Because most fashion bloggers’ day-jobs are outside of the fashion industry, they represent the viewpoint of the everyday woman (and man). With their buying power and peer-to-peer influence, their opinions and preferences are becoming considerably more valuable in the eyes of designers and retailers. With their rapidly growing sphere of influence through blogging, peer-to-peer communication, and social networks, fashion bloggers have the ability to determine the fate of any new style trend (making it a passing fad or turning it into a mainstay staple in our wardrobes).
Featured here are the favorite Spring Fashion Trends of fashion bloggers from around the world.
BLACK & WHITE
Inbal of Bullchic says: ”Right now (my favorite spring trend) has to be the black & white trend, because it’s simple, elegant and you can wear it in so many different ways!”
Whitney of WorthyStyle says: “I think the Spring trend I love the most is the athletic trend, particularly with sporty details on dresses. It makes transitioning from work to play so easy! DKNY and Rag & Bone, among other designers, had some great sporty details in their fashion shows for Spring 2013.”
Sue of Sue Loves NYC says: “I am really looking forward to wearing ‘Candy Colors’, which are a great spring trend. Nothing feels more like spring than pastels and friendly colors. I am already wearing them on my nails.”
Carol of Carolosiphy says: “My favorite trend is neon, simply because I feel that every outfit simply stands out more with that pop of color. And you can pair neons with anything! So easy and chic.”
Gabrielle of Gabrielle Teare says: “Squares are everywhere! I love this fun 1960′s inspired trend, Marc Jacobs led the way at Louis Vuitton.”
Melody of Style Me Red says: “My favorite Spring 2013 fashion trend is black & white stripes! I would wear vertical stripes to help elongate my figure, which would be very flattering for a shorter girl like me. I also feel that black and white are such classic colors and you can’t go wrong pairing them with shoes and/or a handbag that stand out in a different (possibly brighter) color.”
Morgan of i wish it were Anthropologie, but… says: “My favorite spring trend is floral pants! I love a busy pattern paired with a lace top or simple button down, and over sized bag!”
There you have it… the best fashion trends this season, from the perspective of fashion bloggers.
Links à la Mode: March 14th
- Burgundy Whispers: Tastemakers: Jenna Lyons
- A Simple Statement: How to travel with just a carry-on
- Attire Club: How clothes can influence your travel experience
- Under a Veil: Trending this Spring: Stripes
- The Stylist: Tailoring for Dummies
- What Would Your Wear If… : Going to Paris Fashion Week with Anna Wintour
- Foxie Oxie Supernova: Happy International Women’s Day 15 Ways to Surround Yourself with Beauty
- Fashionable Creativity: The Dress Project
- Simply Frabulous: The day when Hedi Slimane Killed YSL
- Beauty Fool: How to Be Real and Authentic on Your Blog
- Incognito: Interview with YESIMFRENCH
- Harling Ross: What I want to read
- Coming Unstitched: Tips and tricks for growing your blog
- Look Sharp, Sconnie: Why can’t fashion be art?
- The Curitorial: Jeremy Scott Inspiration and Plagiarism
- Inspirations & Celebrations: Fashion Bloggers Favorite Spring Trends
- Elegant Idiosyncrasy: Packing for Spring Break in Miami
- CEFashion Advice: How to Dry Clean Men’s Collared Shirts
- Chic & Cheap Living: Affordable Style Inspiration from Fall 2013
- She’s all smiles: Interview with artist: Nadia Helena