To inspire you to plan a fun day outdoors, today’s entertaining guide features tips from a pro. To help you elevate your Spring picnics and outdoor gatherings this season, here are 3 gourmet recipes from celebrity caterer & event planner, Andrea Correale. From a refreshing cocktail to star-shaped mini club canapes, your picnic guests are in for a treat.
As the Founder and President of Elegant Affairs, Andrea and her team are the go-to premier party planners from NYC all the way to the Hamptons. She caters to clients like Billie Eilish, Mariah Carey, Leonardo DiCaprio, Alec Baldwin, and P. Diddy, among many others. Plus she’s done a number of corporate events for Fortune 500 companies, so she definitely knows the ins-and-outs of serving and satisfying picky eaters.
So, if you’re looking to up the ante on your next get-together, she’s the gal to learn from. And with Easter this weekend and National Picnic Day coming up, it’s a great time to pack a picnic basket, grab a blanket, and go to the beach.
Gourmet Recipes for Spring Picnics
- 10 ounces frozen raspberries slightly thawed
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 1-liter ginger ale
- Fresh mint
- Fresh raspberries
1. Place the slightly thawed raspberries in the bottom of a pitcher.
2. Add the light rum, prosecco, and ginger to the pitcher and stir to combine.
3. Place ice into a cocktail glass, pour the cocktail, and garnish each glass with fresh mint and fresh raspberries on top.
Star-Shaped Mini Club Canapes
(Makes 12 Minis)
- 8 Slices White Country Bread
- 4 Tablespoons Mayo (Made with Avocado Oil)
- ½ lb Honey Glazed Ham (Thin Slices)
- ½ lb Prosciutto
- ½ Havarti Dill Cheese
- ½ lb Smoked Gouda Cheese
- Parsley Petals(for Garnish)
- 12 Quarter-Size Lemon Slices (For Garnish)
- 12 Toothpicks
1. Lightly toast each piece of bread until golden.
2. On a clean work surface layout all 8 slices of bread. Spread mayonnaise evenly throughout all slices of bread.
3. On two of the slices, layer two slices of prosciutto and 2 slices of Dill Havarti cheese. Top each slice with another piece of toast. Set aside.
4. With the remaining 4 slices of bread, make 2 more sandwiches using 2 slices of honey glazed ham and 2 slices of gouda.
5. Using a small star-shaped cookie cutter, begin carefully cutting out star shapes. You should be able to get 3 stars from each sandwich.
6. Top each star with one parsley petal and one lemon slice.
7. Insert a toothpick into each star and enjoy!
Mason Jar Salad Shakers with Dressing Droppers
- 1 large carrot shredded
- ¼ cabbage shredded
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 scallion sliced into thin rounds
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
1. Combine shredded carrots, cucumber, cabbage, and scallions.
2. Combine sesame oil, wine vinegar, and honey–mix until combined.
3. Fill droppers with sesame dressing.
4. Fill cups or bowls with salad along with one dressing dropper for the guest to add as desired.
For more easy and effortless recipe ideas, check out the Entertaining section on Inspirations & Celebrations.
[Header and featured image credit: Inspirations & Celebrations; Recipe images c/o Elegant Affairs. This is not a sponsored post.]
One Comment on “3 Gourmet Recipes That Will Elevate Your Spring Picnics”
Joy Jacobs says:
I dont see any info about the “droppers” help?