When it comes to Spring and Summer styles this season, one look I’m crushing on is the ruffle dress trend. From flouncy sleeves to billowy skirts, ruffle dresses exude a feminine charm that’s utterly girly. Not to mention – they’ll definitely put you in a fun, flirty mood!
Here are a few style tips on how to wear the ruffle dress trend this season.
- Get your kicks in a ruffle dress and western-inspired boots. Whether you’re kicking back in the desert or just marching into town, comfortable boots are always a great option.
- There’s nothing like the look of a fit-and-flare silhouette to accentuate your figure. That’s why a belt adds a finishing touch to any ruffle dress. For added glam, a big brass buckle makes a chic style statement.
- Heading to a music festival or backyard BBQ? Skip the dainty clutch and opt for an on-trend backpack. Not only will this bag make stashing belongings even easier (since they’re so spacious), but your hands will also be free (for all that late-night dancing or chowing down on good grub).
- If you’re into the retro-glam vibe, keep your peeps protected with a pair of modern cat-eye sunglasses.
- Go for the gold with chandelier earrings, a chunky bangle bracelet, and a classic watch.
When shopping for ruffle dresses, a few key things to think about include:
- Evaluate the placement of the ruffles. Are the ruffles on the sleeves or the hem of the skirt? Ok! Just beware of ruffles around the waistline, as they can make you look bigger (since they “add volume”). Ideally, dresses with ruffles along the neckline or bottom of the skirt are most flattering.
- Depending on where you’ll wear the dress, decide which cut is most appropriate. An off-the-shoulder cut adds instant sex appeal, so it’s best for date nights and parties. Whereas, a more modestly-cut dress is ideal for more conservative outings, such as business dinners or brunch with the in-laws.
- Choose the material based on the event or setting. If you plan to wear a ruffle dress to a formal event (such as a wedding or bridal shower), opt for a luxe fabric (like silk or tulle). If you intend to wear the dress to an informal event (like a birthday party or picnic), a casual material (such as cotton or linen) is suitable.
If you’re on the lookout for ruffle dresses, online retailers (that carry a wide assortment) include:
Whether you’re looking for a stylish, budget-friendly dress (that’s under $100) or a chic, investment-worthy piece (that’s worth the splurge), below are lots of gorgeous ruffle dresses to shop right now (ranging from $75-$700).
Shop for Ruffle Dresses:
[Photography by James Michael N°3. Affiliate links included.]