Gold glitter nails have recently been spotted on the red carpet and special events, seen on Hollywood’s young celebrities like Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, and Selena Gomez. Gold glitter nail polish is a glamorous, festive, and surprisingly simple look to create (that doesn’t require absolute precision when applied). Featured here are tips on how to create gold glitter nails in a few easy steps.
Gold Glitter Nails – Nail Polish Trend
1. The modern (everyday) version of the gold glitter nail polish trend is to start with short, square-filed nails. A more dramatic (celebrity-style) option is to create a longer, tapered shape.
2. Always begin by applying a base coat to your bare nails. This not only helps to create a smooth canvas for the colored lacquer to go over, it also increases the longevity of your manicure, in addition to resulting in fewer chips.
3. Since most glitter nail polishes have a translucent polish with colored glitter flecks, you’ll want to apply 2 coats of opaque gold nail polish first. This creates a solid base color, which heightens the overall effect of this look.
4. After the opaque gold nail polish dries, apply 1-2 coats of gold glitter nail polish.
5. As a final touch, apply one thin coat of high-shine top coat, to protect your tips and add a glossy finish to your manicure.
6 Comments on “Gold Glitter Nails – Nail Polish Trend”
I really want gold nails now!
Aren’t they fabulous, Dora?!
Hi Dora! Aren’t they super-glam?!
Ooh, I’m so glad I bought two gold nailpolishes from Julep a few weeks ago now, I didn’t realize this was going to be a trend!
I’m loving gold glitter half moon manicures lately.
It’s a great look to transition from summer into fall, since gold works especially well with autumnal colored apparel too.
Hi Lexi! Julep creates great nail polishes. I want to try their “Freedom” top coat – it dries completely in just 5 minutes.