Sofia Vergara is the quintessential modern bombshell. With hourglass curves, a larger-than-life personality, and an exotic beauty, she’s a force to be reckoned with. In addition to being known as the hilariously funny Gloria on the hit television show, Modern Family, Sofia Vergara is also a fashion designer for her own line (Sofia By Sofia Vergara), carried exclusively at Kmart.
Sofia Vergara Style Inspiration
As this week’s Style Inspiration, we’ll evaluate Sofia Vergara’s varying looks, from daytime casual to evening glamour. Not only does Sofia Vergara design apparel (and now even Shapewear), she’s always known for looking sensationally-sexy; whether she’s donning a floor-length gown at an awards show, or jeans and a Moto jacket for a day on the town.
Sofia Vergara’s Daytime Style
Even when there are no paparazzi around (which is a rare occurrence), Sofia Vergara perpetually looks chic and pulled-together. Her typical daytime style includes form-fitting, flared or bootcut jeans (that show-off her hourglass curves), paired with a comfortable t-shirt and colored, leather Moto jacket.
Sofia Vergara’s Evening Style
When the sun goes down, that’s Sofia Vergara’s cue to turn up the heat. Her evening style is all about highlighting her assets and playing up her sex appeal. She does this by wearing bodycon dresses in vibrant colors (like red, hot pink, or emerald green). To top off this sensual evening style, she adds a pair of sky-high stilettos for the ultimate notice-me look.
Sofia Vergara’s Red Carpet Style
When it’s time to attend a star-studded awards show or premiere, Sofia Vergara pulls out all the stops. On special occasions like these red carpet moments, Sofia Vergara will always go for the bombshell superstar look, wearing a jaw-dropping floor-length gown that perfectly fits her curvy figure. Frequently featuring a one-shoulder strap or strapless top, Sofia Vergara is known for wearing mermaid-silhouette dresses that play-up her curvy physique. She usually opts for bold colors and simple detailing, letting the cut of the dress speak for itself.
Sofia Vergara’s Hair & Makeup
In keeping with the rest of her va-va-voom look, Sofia Vergara’s hair and makeup is always glamorous. Being the feminine Latina that she is, she says she’ll never leave home without applying bright-hued lipstick, as it’s a part of her culture. When it comes to Sofia Vergara’s typical hairstyle, she loves wearing big, sexy waves with lots of body and bounce.
It was Halloween in 1988, I decided to dress up as a Hippie. A woman said something I have never forgotten… “You know you’re getting old when kids start dressing up like you did as a teenager.” Well, this is the year it’s really happening to me. As someone who loved alternative chic in the 90’s (a little grunge, a little goth, a little punk, a little ska) it’s nice to see some of those styles “coming back” for nostalgia if not for anything else. While, I personally will take a seat back, having already lived it before, this week’s links have all kinds of 90’s themes to them. From Michelle Williams (hey Dawson’s Creek hit in ’99) to St. Laurent’s grunge inspired collection, to the 10 Alternative Fashion blogs to watch, it’s there, so just click!
Links à la Mode: August 15
- Bonjour Melanie: Michelle Williams for Louis Vuitton
- Bowtie Diary: Interview: Bug wooden accessories
- Carly Tati: Workwear Influence on Fashion, Part 2, Denim
- Daria Burkova: 10 BEST KNITS FOR FALL 2013 UNDER AND OVER $100
- DIY Doyenne: 10 Excuses for Not Aging Gracefully
- Fashion is Evolution: Texas Style Council Recap
- Inspirations & Celebrations: Sofia Vergara Style Inspiration
- Kittenhood: DIY wool beads necklace
- Lollie Shopping: Yes, Virginia, You CAN Afford Tiffany
- Mr. Walk & Talk: 3 Ways to Wear a White Oxford Shirt this Summer
- Racheeng: D.I.Y RACER FRONT BOX TOP
- Real Girl Glam: The 90’s Are Calling: How to Wear 90’s Trends for Today
- Runway to Style: The Women’s Fall 2013 Must Have Trends
- Shaneynayguns: Trend Report: The Nineties Throwback
- Stilettos and Tequila: 6 Shoes To Make Your Legs Look Longer
- Style Bizarre: Top 10 Emerging Alternative Fashion Blogs
- Style Context: How To Create A Favicon For WordPress
- The Style Enigma: Four Ways to: Wear a Silk Scarf
- The Style Obsessed Cookie: Zara Fall 2013
- Undercover Dress-Up Lover: Houndstooth and other tessellations