Whether you have a pear-shaped or hourglass body, this Summer Style Guide shares tips on finding the best shorts for your body type, that flatter your figure. Looking fabulous throughout the hotter summer months starts with choosing apparel that highlight your assets (while minimizing body parts that you want to downplay).
Best Shorts For Your Body Type
Pear Body Type
Similar to Beyonce Knowles, if you have a curvy backside, round hips, and a smaller upper body (in comparison to your lower half), then you’re probably a Pear shape. To minimize the look of your hips and thighs, while putting the emphasis on your tiny upper body, look for dark-colored shorts that are longer in length. A perfect example is the classic bermuda short. This lengthens the look of your legs, making your lower body appear smaller.
Hourglass Body Type
You’re like the legendary bombshell Marilyn Monroe if you have a curvy silhouette that includes an ample bosom, tiny waist, and full hips. The hourglass body type looks best in curve-grazing belted shorts that are slightly looser around the thighs. This helps draw attention to your small waist, while concealing any unsightly jiggle on your thighs.
Straight Body Type
Are you an athletic type like actress Cameron Diaz? Or perhaps long and lean like model Coco Rocha? Then you’re probably a straight body type. The key to finding shorts that look great on your svelte figure is to look for patterns and pleating. As an example, the straight body type would look fabulous in a pair horizontally-striped shorts with pleating on the front, as these details give the illusion of more curves.
Apple Body Type
Similar to R&B singer Jennifer Hudson, the apply body type has a smaller lower body in proportion to the upper body. The apple body type looks best in fitted shorts that have a wide waistband. This helps highlight your legs, while giving the appearance of a smaller waistline. If you’re an apple body type, also consider pairing shorts with a looser fitting top (like a tunic).
For more information about finding clothing that flatters different shaped figures, check out the Inspirations & Celebrations Guide To Body Types.
Free To Be Me
Today is a national holiday here, Independence Day. Common themes celebrated, among hot dogs and fireworks are notions of freedom.. but what does that freedom mean if not free to be ones self? This week we have a great array of posts that reflect the freedom to be as you are, whether it be wearing a crop top in your 40′s , dissecting the shoes of women’s right’s hero Wendy Davis, or discussing the oft not discussed issue of the rise in plastic surgery for men. Of course we also have all the goodies you’d expect from a fashion roundup, so relax today and read these links!
Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup
- All Things Kate: Fashion Flashback: Christian Dior
- Anything You Can Buy: Store Credit Cards: Savers or Enablers?
- Attire Club: Discussions On Men’s Plastic Surgery
- DIY Doyenne: 12 Simple Ways to Build Engaged Blog Traffic
- DressCode: HighFashion: The 10 Definite Mens Must Haves in Summer 2013
- Fashion is Evolution: DIY Mui Mui-inspired glitter shoe video tutorial
- Fashion Thrill: The Mystery of Chanel No. 5
- Fashstash: Like a Maharajah | Jeetinder Sandhu
- I Can Style U: What Are Men Really Wearing This Summer?
- Inspirations & Celebrations: Best Shorts For Your Body – Summer Style Guide
- Lover of Clothes: The Other Side of Blogging
- Not Dressed as a Lamb: How To Embrace The Crop Top Trend In Your Forties
- Rose & Pine: Summer Skincare Tips & Summer Skin Essentials
- Sobbing on Fifth: The Trend: Match Your Mani to Your Clutch
- Sophisticated Lace: The Shoes of a Female Hero
- Style Bizarre:3 Ways to Accessorize your Swimsuit
- Style Convict: 4TH OF JULY STYLE GUIDE
- The Photogramps: How to Wear Tropical Print
- Un Femme d’un Certian Age: Style Crushes: What They Can Teach Us
- We Are Ready Made: TOO MUCH CONTROL?