Looking professional on a job doesn’t mean you have to wear a suit or dress overly conservative and boring, but dressing casual for work sometimes gets people confused, it certainly doesn’t mean just rolling out of bed and throwing on a sweat shirt. Remember first impressions are lasting impressions. Therefore, it’s important to learn how to dress casual for work, while still looking professional and stylish.
A lot of companies actually have HR manuals that outline specific attire requirements for their employes things like wearing closed toed shoes, a blazer or jacket at all times and stockings with skirts so check with HR department first to find out if there are any particular dos or don’ts before you put together an outfit on the flip side companies now a days are becoming a little bit more lenient about what their employes wear, such as a casual Friday, you might be able to wear nice jeans.
If you want to look feminine, refined, and understated, pair a vibrant colored cardigan sweater and matching shell with a neutral gray tone pencil skirt. This look is very comfortable, easy to wear, and beautifully tailored.
If you’re in the mood for a polished style with an punch of bold accessories, coordinate a basic white button down collared shirt with black wide leg trousers, topped off with chunky gold jewelry and animal print heels.
Dressing nicely on the job will help you impress your clients, your boss and your colleagues. Even when you dress casual for work, just make sure that your outfits suit your personal style, are comfortable to wear all-day, and make you feel more confident.
Links à la Mode: March 21, 2013
- Attire Club: 12 Facts About Haute Couture
- Cheap ‘n’ Chic Living: DIY Better Pics from Your Camera Phone
- City of Gentleman: Blue Blazer
- Empathetically Elle: 3 Reasons Why It’s Great to Be a Fashion Blogger
- In Jackie’s Shoes: Pastels in The City
- Inspirations and Celebrations: How to Dress Casual for Work
- Laughing Latte: First Trimester Style
- Nothing to Wear: 3 Ways to Wear a Chambray Shirt
- Primped and Primed: Trending: Holographic
- Pop Culture du Jour: Fashion Card Collectables
- Post Modern Royalty: Paper Tigress
- Shoe Pendant: How to Feel Good: Ladies Guide
- The Fashion Style: Trends Mixing Prints
- The In Club: Why I Haven’t Read Mens Fashion Magazines
- TLV Beauty: Best Body Treatments
- Tobruck Avenue: Feeling Green
- Two Take on Style: 5 Things for Spring
- We Are Ready Made: The Importance of Dots
- Wild Beauty World: Beautiful People: Hedy Lamarr
- Wishing for Chanel: Fashion Week Show Spaces