From savory dishes to sweet desserts, today’s entertaining guide shares 5 gourmet Mother’s Day Brunch recipes from celebrity chefs and caterers that will knock Mom’s socks off.
Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes
Whether you’re hosting a brunch for the family or you just feel inspired to serve her breakfast in bed, these Mother’s Day Brunch recipes will surely win her heart.
After graduating from Baltimore’s International Culinary College and the La Varenne Cooking School in Burgundy, France, Jamie McFadden worked abroad under Master Chef Petter Timmins at the Park Hotel in County Cavan, Ireland. As the Executive Chef of Cuisiniers Catering & Events, his ability to produce gourmet cuisine and to turn any event into an elevated dining experience has made him one of the most sought after, award-winning caterers in Florida. Here is one of his favorite Mother’s Day Brunch recipes that goes above and beyond basic fare.
Mother’s Day Brunch Recipe: Peruvian Pisco & Citrus Cured Salmon
Makes 8 servings
- 1 ea. 2 lbs. Salmon Fillet, Skin-on
- ¼ cup Kosher Salt
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- ¼ cup Pisco
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp grated orange zest
- Note: Pisco is a grape spirit from Peru, which is available in most liqueur stores.
- Place salmon skin side down on a large piece of plastic wrap.
- In a small mixing bowl combine salt, sugar, pisco, lemon, lime and orange zest. Spread this mixture over fleshy side of fish, pressing it into flesh.
- Wrap fish in plastic and place on a cookie sheet, next place a second cookie sheet over fish setting bricks on top to weigh down. Refrigerate 48hours.
- Prior to serving unwrap the salmon and rinse the cure off under cold water. Pat dry, and, with a very sharp knife thinly sliced on a diagonal.
- In a separate small bowl combine the following ingredients to make Honey Vinaigrette.
Ingredients for Honey Vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp. Apple cider Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp. each Salt and Pepper
- 2 tsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Whisk above ingredients and set aside.
In a third small bowl combine:
- 2 cups Chef Garden Petite Blushed Choy leaves
- 1 cup Chef Garden Micro Celebration Blend
- 5 tbsp. Honey Vinaigrette
Toss with fingers and divide equally between8 plates. Next place 1 thinly sliced piece of salmon rolled to look like a flower on top of greens. Garnish with one leaf of Chefs Garden finger bowl Lemon Geranium.
Celebrity caterer Andrea Correale has been cooking up delectable eats for more than 20 years. Her displays of food and drinks are equally as mesmerizing to look at as they are to eat. Andrea, along with Elegant Affairs, has provided multileveled luxe-catering to notables and brands like Brooke Shields, Mariah Carey Jimmy Fallon, Ralph Lauren, and Jimmy Choo, just to name a few. If you or your Mom are trying to stay healthy (even on Mother’s Day), here’s a great brunch recipe that’s as great tasting as it is beautiful. Perfect for those breakfast-in-bed moments!
Mother’s Day Brunch Recipe: Mother’s Day Acai Bowl
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1 large banana cut into pieces
- 1½ cups of frozen blueberries
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (honey substitute)
- 1 frozen packet of acai berry puree
- Your choice of toppings such as sliced banana, berries, kiwi, granola, coconut.
- Place the apple juice, banana, frozen berries, yogurt, agave and acai puree in the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into individual bowls
- Place toppings over the top and serve.
In celebration of Mother’s Day, Top Chef Junior winner, the 12-year-old kitchen phenom Nikki Bidun shares a kid-tested, mom approved Mother’s Day Brunch recipe that is sure to make Mom smile. The best part is – all of Chef Nikki’s recipes on Instacart.com are designed to inspire kitchen-curious kids (and their adult sous chefs) to have fun taking their Mother’s Day culinary creations to the next level. What a fun way for the whole family to get involved!
Mother’s Day Brunch Recipe: Mommy-Daughter Mediterranean Chicken with Toasted Baguette
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup Castevetrano or other green olives
- 1 lemon cut into 6 wedges
- 13 cloves garlic, cleaned (divided into 10 + 2 +1)
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 2 tsp Aleppo pepper
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzle
- 1 baguette
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a 3 qt. baking dish combine tomatoes, olives, lemons, 10 garlic cloves and thyme sprigs with 3 tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, mix well and spread evenly across the bottom.
- Nestle chicken on top.
- In a small bowl combine 2 grated garlic cloves, Aleppo pepper, soy sauce and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Mix well until it forms a paste.
- Coat each chicken thigh with the paste and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for approximately 45 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the baguette lengthwise, drizzle with olive oil and put it in the oven, directly on the rack, for 5 minutes.
- Take the baguette out and rub with a garlic clove and sprinkle with a bit of salt.
- Plate the chicken mixture in a shallow bowl with enough juices to dip your bread. Baguettes are great for dipping because it soaks a lot of juice from the tomatoes that taste divine!
There’s nothing like Southern comfort food to butter up your Mom on Mother’s Day. Trace Barnett, the celebrity chef behind The Bitter Socialite and the Author of Tracing Roots: A Modern Approach to Living Off the Land shares the following Mother’s Day Brunch recipe that will definitely give Mom something exciting to wake up to.
Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes: Manchego Cheese Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole milk or buttermilk
- 1 cup grated Manchego cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 6-8 thin slices of tomato
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Sift together the first 5 ingredients into a large bowl. Use a fork or pastry cutter to cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk, cheese, and chives. Stir together until dough pulls away from the bowl and forms a ball.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface. Fold the dough over 2-3 times and pat down into a rectangle that is roughly 1-inch thick. Use a biscuit cutter or floured glass to cut out biscuits. Place biscuits in a well-greased skillet or on a sheet pan. Top each with a tomato slice and transfer to oven. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
[Photo by @ifyougiveablondeakitchen]
When it comes to dessert, here’s a Mother’s Day Brunch recipe that will surely tempt her tastebuds. Founded by Melissa Tavss in 2014, NYC-based Tipsy Scoop makes all liquor-infused ice creams and sorbets, with recipes inspired by her favorite cocktail creations. You might have heard about Tipsy Scoop on the Today Show, Business Insider, or even in Oprah Magazine, as there’s been a lot of buzz about them.
Since all moms need a way to unwind at times, here’s how to whip up their Spiked Hazelnut Coffee ice cream. The inspiration behind this flavor was an affogato, the traditional Italian dessert in which a scoop of vanilla gelato is topped (or“drowned”) with a shot of hot espresso. Talk about a doozy of a dessert!
Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes: Spiked Hazelnut Coffee Ice Cream
- 4 cups Vanilla Ice Cream base
- 1 tablespoon cold brew or iced coffee (Recommended: WanderingBear Co.)*
- 4/5 cup of Café Patron
- 1⁄4 cup of Hazelnut liqueur
NOTE: For an even stronger coffee flavor, substitute chilled espresso!
Yields by Batch: Approximately 1.5 quarts
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): Up to 5%
Recommended machine: Nemox Musso Lussino 1.5 quart ice cream machine
- Measure out 4 cups of Ice Cream base mix and pour into a large (at least one gallon) mixing bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of cold brew (or iced coffee) to ice cream base.
- Uncap the Café Patron and take a big whiff. Measure out 4/5 cup and stir into the mixture.
- Next, stir in ¼ cup Hazelnut liqueur (20% ABV).
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours (allowing the flavors to marinate and intensify).
- Turn on Frost feature on the machine and let sit for 5 minutes on Frost before adding ingredients.
- Take the bowl out of the fridge and pour finished mix into the machine.
- Leave in machine for 20-22 minutes, until ice cream has reached a gelato like consistency.
- Scoop into freezer safe containers* and label with flavor name (this is not your typical coffee ice cream, after all).
- Freeze for 8 hours in the back of the freezer.
*Note, ice cream is fine to eat once it’s finished churning, so if you like a softer ice cream, scoop directly into bowls and enjoy!
For more inspiring recipes and party ideas, visit the Entertaining section on Inspirations & Celebrations.
[Images and recipes c/o featured chefs]