Date night makeup should enhance your natural beauty and highlight your facial features, while still looking approachable (and totally kissable). Instead of opting for a bold lip color (that looks great but isn’t guy-friendly), opting for the timeless combination of sexy, smoky eyes with flawless skin and neutral-colored lips is a great way to go. In today’s glamorous beauty tutorial, learn how to do date night makeup that will make him fall in love with you (or at least ask for a second date).
Date Night Makeup Tutorial
In today’s date night makeup tutorial, learn how to get flawless-looking skin, use highlight and contour techniques to define your cheekbones and make your face look more chiseled, and use eyeshadow and eyeliner to get dramatic smoky eyes that are both smoldering and hypnotizing.
To create this gorgeous date night makeup look, below are all the basic beauty essentials you’ll need.
- High-Definition Foundation (used here: Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation)
- Long-Wear Creamy Foundation (used here: Osmosis Performance Wear Satin Foundation)
- Highlighter & Contour (used here: Osmosis Colour Lustruous Contour Duo)
- Pink Blush (used here: Osmosis Long-Lasting Mineral Powder Blush)
- Shimmery Charcoal Eyeshadow (used here: Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Palette)
- Dark Brown Eyeliner (used here: Tarte Cosmetics Skinny smolderEYES Eyeliner)
- Black Liquid Eyeliner (used here: Tarte Cosmetics Precision Longwear Liquid Eyeliner)
- Setting Spray (used here: Urban Decay Setting Spray)
- Makeup Brushes & Sponge (used here: BH Cosmetics Brushes, NYX Fan Brush, and beautyblender)
Step 1: Using a makeup sponge, apply a mixture of high-definition foundation and long-wear creamy foundation all over the skin. For a flawless finish, using an airbrush brush gently blend the foundation into the skin.
Step 2: Using a contour brush, apply the contour (which is a greige colored powder) underneath the cheekbones, along the jawline, under the nose, and around the hairline. This will make these areas of the face recede, giving your face a more sculpted, chiseled look.
Step 3: Swirl a pink-colored blush onto the apples of your cheeks using a blush brush. It’s helpful to smile when applying the blush, so you can more easily see where to place the color.
Step 4: Using a fan brush, lightly dust on a luminescent highlighter onto the tops of your cheekbones, down the bride of your nose, on the chin and on the cupid’s bow above your lips. The highlighter brings a radiant glow to the skin by reflecting light.
Step 5: Apply a shimmery charcoal eyeshadow all-over the eyelids, concentrating the color on the outer part of the eyes. You can either use an eyeshadow brush or your (clean) finger for a smudged effect.
Step 6: Using a dark brown kohl eyeliner, line the waterline (which is the inner rim of the eye) for definition. Then line the eyes starting with a bolder application at the outer part of the eyes, tapering the line as your draw inward. Smudge the liner to create a soft, diffused appearance.
Step 7: For added drama and definition, use a waterproof liquid eyeliner to line the eyes along the lashline.
Step 8: Finish your makeup with a long-wear setting spray to give your makeup staying-power and to minimize shine and smudges throughout the night.
For more inspiring beauty tips and tutorials, check out the Makeup section on Inspirations & Celebrations.