If you love sophisticated, contemporary fashion, then you’ll totally fall for the stylish new womenswear line, Tori Michaels London. Created by Jodie Fleischmann, a former fashion designer for Ted Baker London, this captivating 20-piece collection is an appealing mix of sleek, sexy pieces (perfect for parties and special occasions) with chic, day-to-night looks (for those last-minute, after-work mixers).
Tori Michaels London
To celebrate the launch of Tori Michaels London (that’s now available on www.torimichaels.co.uk and at TopShop Oxford Circus, starting this month), Jodie shares with the Inspirations & Celebrations‘ readers her thoughts about the new collection, the type of woman she believes her line was created for, and her 5 must-have pieces.
About Jodie Fleischmann, Fashion Designer & Creator of Tori Michaels London
After studying at the London College of Fashion, and completing two successful years at Ted Baker in the womenswear design team, Jodie decided to take the leap and launch Tori Michaels London. Always envisioning having her own fashion label, Jodie’s autumn / winter ’15 collection is the culmination of years of hard work and creative design.
CLP: How did you get your start in the fashion industry? What made you decide to become a designer?
JF: Since I was a little girl I used to cut up old clothes and make outfits for my sister and I. From the age of 7 onwards, I always said my dream was to become a fashion designer.
My fashion mentor and muse definitely inspires me – she gave me my very first job in fashion which was so varied and exciting – it really gave me that vital insight into all different parts of the industry at a young age.
Once I left the London College of Fashion, I went from being an intern at Ted Baker to being in the womenswear design team.
CLP: During your time working at Ted Baker London, what were a few of the insights you learned about contemporary fashion design?
JF: Ted Baker is all about quality and attention to detail, they do it so well! Being surrounded by this every day, I began to understand how important fabrics choices are and how every little detail needs to be thought of.
CLP: Based on an initial impression, I’d say your collection could appeal to consumers who admire Rachel Zoe and Victoria Beckham designs. Can you describe the type of woman who would wear your apparel?
JF: Tori Michaels London has been created for the woman who has outgrown most high street brands. She wants to own pieces that are elegant, where the quality is important and items that pay attention to detail. Nothing costs more than £185.00, so the price point is still attractive and affordable to my target market.
CLP: When designing a collection, what (or who) influences or inspires you?
JF: Women inspire me. From friends, family, celebrities, women in shops, women walking down the street to the women I work with. I like to design clothes that women want to wear and that suit their lifestyles. I want every woman to feel amazing and inspired in Tori Michaels London.
CLP: If a woman were to build a wardrobe based on your collection, what are the 5 must-have essentials you think she should buy (and why)?
JF: Tori Michaels has launched for AW15 in Topshop and on www.torimichaels.co.uk.
The 5 essential pieces from the collection for your winter wardrobe are:
1. The Caped One: Everyone needs a coat for their winter wardrobe. This cape is chic and stylish and can be dressed up in the evening or dressed down during the day.
2. The One and Only Gown: This is a great piece to have in your wardrobe, for those days you have a wedding, or a function and you have nothing to wear. This is when ‘the one and only gown’ will make an appearance. Reserved at the front, but the back shows just enough skin to convey pure elegance!
3. The Scuba Mesh Dress: (Since) there is always someone to meet after work or an event to attend after work, there is now no need to bring a change of outfit for your evening out. This dress says – work by day, party by evening.
4. The Essential Leather Legging: Doesn’t everyone need a leather legging in their winter wardrobe?
5. The Jumpsuit with a Hole: The perfect, fashionable outfit for a date, for a dinner with friends, or for a night out with a few cocktails. This jumpsuit covers you for all exciting glam events coming up in your diary!