As the warm summer weather starts to cool and the leaves begin to change color, we know that a new season is upon us. Making the transition from summer into fall can be an enriching process, as people spend time planning ahead for the holidays and enjoying timeless traditions (such as apple picking and pumpkin carving).
Autumn is known for rich, vibrant colors, both in nature and reflected in fashion as well. This year is no different. Deep burgundy hues and warm earth tones play a big part in bringing fall fashions to life this season. From graphic patterned sweater dresses to cozy coats, and bold patterned mary janes to timeless satchel bags, the style trends for the upcoming season pay homage to the traditions of the past, by creating a modern spin on timeless classics.
Small checkers are knit into this Alice + Olivia sweater dress, adding a vintage texture to the cozy, fitted silhouette. An exposed zip fastens the back, and tonal ribbed banding trims the scoop neck and cuffs. This dress is so versatile, it can easily be worn at the office (paired with tights and pumps) or for a casual weekend (with flat riding boots).
This berry hued double breasted short coat by Dorothy Perkins is machine washable (100% polyester) and features three front closures. This coat would look great over skinny jeans and boots, or even a short dress.
A voluptuous heel reforms this chic mary jane pump by Nine West, accented by a darling ankle strap. As evidenced by this multi color snakeskin print shoe, the color blocked trend has gone from being a summer fad into becoming a fall staple.
This classic bag by The Leather Satchel Company has been crafted from a patent leather. The details include: a grab handle to the top, fold-over front with twin pin buckle straps, transparent card tab to the front with a long adjustable strap and interior compartments.
Christopher Collins Fall ’12 collection was inspired by the concept of crossing two cultures. He was drawn to Mid-western American heritage- roots, texture, open spaces and mixed it with a 5th Avenue- New York chic attitude. The line is free and natural with crisp detail and tailoring. This Italian Plum Wool Slotted Sleeve Cape features impeccable tailoring with a brown leather tie.
LINKS À LA MODE: THE IFB WEEKLY ROUND UP: AUGUST 23RD
- Are We On Time?: Fall Favourites
- Best of Bklyn: How to quickly remove deodorant stains on clothing
- Brooklyn Bliss: How to pack for a trip
- By Rebecca Louise: One skirt for five very different occasions
- Delphina Luxe: On being inspired by Schiaparelli & Prada: Impossible Conversations at the Met
- Frugal, Flirty N Fab: Blogging, body issues and me
- Girl Does Geek: Body Image and Diversity in Fashion Blogging: Is it an American problem?
- Girl In Betsey: Trousers and flats for Fall 2012
- Inspirations and Celebrations: Fall Fashion for 2012
- My Belonging: A father’s sartorial inspiration
- My Fashion Slash Life: What Did You Wear To The C/O Berlin, ‘Timeless Beauty, 100 years Of Fashion Photography’ Exhibition?
- Real Girl Glam: What to wear to a blogging conference
- Shapely Chic Sheri: Trends and their cycles
- South by Style: Four trends anyone can wear this Fall
- Style Bizarre: 7 Steps to cure bloggers’ block!
- Style Inked: A Walk Through the Bangle Bazaar
- The Curvy Elle: On Being Plus-size and the fashion industry
- The Taxonomy of my Wardrobe: An Ode to Summer Whites
- Twelve52: Outfits for interviews within the creative industries
- Wishing For Chanel: Real People, Real Style at J Crew for Fall