Just because you want to wear the latest fashion trends and styles, doesn’t mean you need to spend a fortune. Salute to style this season in military-inspired pieces. This edition of High-End vs Affordable Fashion features a fabulous and fierce fall fashion trend; army green camouflage prints coordinated with black accessories and neutral-colored shoes. This on-trend combination creates an edgy ensemble that is anything but a disguise.
High-End Fall Fashion – Military Trend
1. Madewell Camo Jacket ($529): This cult-favorite, splurge-worthy label is known for their denim—they’ve turned expert fading and washing into an art form—but they also make amazing non-denim pieces, like this lightweight camouflage jacket with adjustable button-tab cuffs that are perfect for rolling. This machine-washable, cotton camo print jacket is exclusively available from Madewell.com. And even though the military trend is big this season, this understated print will never go out of style.
2. Christian Louboutin Nude Patent Leather Pumps ($625): When you wear these iconic red-soled pumps, everyone will know that you’re stepping out in a pair of Louboutins. Worn by celebrities and fashion bloggers everywhere, Christian Louboutin designs some of the most exquisite (and flattering) shoes the fashion world has ever seen. These nude colored patent leather stilettos are no exception, and will surely become one of your most-worn items in your closet (since they go with everything!).
3. Salvatore Ferragamo Tote Bag ($1550): A fabulous black tote bag is always in style! Noteworthy features (like pebbled calfskin accented by silver-tone hardware) presented in the spacious Salvatore Ferragamo tote bag elevate its timeless look. This bag is roomy enough to carry all your belongings, but still constructed in a way that makes it totally stylish and chic.
Affordable Fall Fashion – Military Trend
4. Mossimo Supply Co. Camo Jacket ($40): Adding a camouflage print jacket to your fall wardrobe is one of the quickest ways to be on-trend this season. The military trend is easy to incorporate in your wardrobe. This print coordinates well with neutrals and looks especially stylish when combined with vibrant colors that contrast the army green and earth tones. And with a price tag of only $40, this look is definitely one of the best affordable fashion trends for fall.
5. ASOS Nude High Heels ($42): A neutral colored high heel is always a staple in every stylish woman’s wardrobe. These flattering pumps elongate the look of your legs and coordinate with every piece in your closet, from bright colors to playful prints.
6. 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Tote ($55): If you’re looking for an everything bag that’s subtle but signature, this black tote from the 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Collection will soon become your favorite. Serious enough for work, but chic enough for play, this tote’s minimalist profile expands with side zips a twist on the usual hardware. This richly textured faux leather women’s tote features top handles, exposed zippers, interior zip pocket and top zip closure.
Making the Effort
Making the effort every day has been on my mind lately. It’s fall, the typical time for dressing up. Fashion Month opens the floodgates to trendy people. And while, life may have other things in store for you: unusually warm October, working at home, not working at all… etc, making an effort still matters. Yesterday I was just talking about how making an effort doesn’t have to be too much work. It’s just a matter of planning things a little. That’s what the links this week tell me, they peek into trends for next year, they organize the trends this year, and give a little inspiration for the upcoming holiday we all love: Halloween!
Links à la Mode: October 10th
- Attire Club: Connecting Fashion And Music
- Beauty and Sass: spring 2014 fashion week runway makeup trends
- Burgundy Whispers: Fashion Icon, Lianne La Havas
- CherieLaMode: Halloween Look: Broken Porcelain Witch
- Confessions of a Style Cookie: PFW : Chanel Spring 2014
- Dresscode:HighFashion: Backstage at Jil Sander F/W 13/14
- Eight Days a Week: 10 reasons to love Marc Jacobs’ job for Louis Vuitton
- Inspirations and Celebrations: High-End vs. Affordable Fashion – Military Trend
- Katie Like Me: How to Style Plaid for the Fall Season
- Lara Lizard: Perks of being a 1990’s kid
- Ms. Fabulous: Style Secrets from Dancing with the Stars
- Nothing 2 Wear: In Case You Couldnt Make It To Fashion Week
- Rising Colors: How to Avoid and Lose Post-Marriage Weight Gain
- Rose & Pine: The Non-Costumey Costume Series: Regina George
- Sobbing on Fifth: New York Girl Street Style Inspo
- The Fluff Report: The Fluff Report Color Trend: Paprika
- Tickle Me Chic: From Runways To Beach Days Mi Ola Has You Covered
- Two Kids NYC: White Lies: When is it okay to tell a lie?
- Undercover Dress-Up Lover: Making the effort: why to dress up every day
- Wild Beauty World: Cole Haan Born in 1928
4 Comments on “High-End vs. Affordable Fashion – Military Trend”
love how you paired the neutral with the military look. I have the Louboutins but mines are round toe. Your site is uber cute btw.
Hi Roni! Thanks for your comment. Lucky lady – Louboutins are amazing!
love this trend! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Hi Tianna! My pleasure. Thanks for your comment.