Spring and summer months are known for whimsical, light-hearted floral prints. But the fall fashion trends we’re seeing this year are a radical departure from the bright, sunny shades of summer. This season we’re being enchanted with enigmatic dark florals.
How To Wear The Dark Floral Fashion Trend
The dark floral fall fashion trend for 2013 is reminiscent of old world style, an era that evoked passion and power. Sumptuous fabrics (like silk and velvet) combine with fall’s rich colored prints to create the ultimate dramatic look.
Dark floral prints look especially opulent when paired with high-shine metallic accessories, like on-trend gold chain link necklaces or metallic-hued pointed toe pumps. For a head-to-toe regal look, pair dark floral apparel with this season’s eye-catching, embellished handbags and vintage jewelry.
If you’d prefer to modernize the look of this fall fashion trend, add a small dose of dark florals to your ensemble, by highlighting a singular piece, like a dark floral handbag or shoes. Off-set the outfit with an edgy moto jacket (in one of this season’s brighter shades), skinny jeans, and knee-high suede boots.
Featured below are several dark floral pieces, including tops, dresses, and accessories.
Falling for Fall
Fashion Week, September Issues, Back to School (or just back to work) Shopping… Nothing is hotter than September for fashion. Even though fashion week’s clothes don’t hit the stores until next year, seeing the trends on both the runways and on the fashion elite gives us inspiration for what to wear now. Luckily we have amazing links to the fall finds we’ll be falling for.
Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup
- Beauty Tidbits: 7 Easy Ways to Fix Sun Damaged Skin & Hair
- Breakfast at Cindi’s: Cute Kids Take Over The NYFW Front Row
- Confessions of a Style Cookie: London Fashion Week : Mulberry VS Topshop Unique
- Corals and Cognacs: Target Does It Again: 8 Affordable Faux-Leather Finds
- Hey Mischka: A Q&A With NYC’s Freshest E-Boutique
- Highland Fashionista: Shop Like A Teenager
- Hot Beauty Health: Fall Fashion Survival Guide
- Inspirations and Celebrations: Fall Fashion Trend Dark Florals
- Kiri Yanchenko: We Heart Burberry
- Le Style Connoisseur: The September Issues
- Mules and Manolos: Testing the Best Sites to Consign or Sell Clothes
- Nothing to Wear Novello: The Big Hair Cut: Why Women Fear Cutting Their Hair
- Runway to Style: An Approach to Minimal Femininity at Spring 2014 Shows
- See Lark: Phillip Lim for Target: The Aftermath
- Stilettos and Tequilla: 23 Quotes By Stephen King To Help You Become A Better Writer
- Style Through Her Eyes; 3 Ways To Be A Better Customer
- Style With Friends: Bow Bun Hair Tutorial
- Stylish Butterfly: Tips for picking tops that are trend-proof
- The Curvy Elle: Pop-Up Shop Observations
- The Lifestyle Project: An Ode to Quitting