Just because you want to wear the latest fashion trends and styles, doesn’t mean you need to spend a fortune. When you’re not in the mood to wear a dress or skirt, but still want to look elegant for a special event, opt for a glamorous printed pant (in a luxe fabric, like silk or satin) paired with a fitted blouse, bold jewelry, and bedazzled bag. This stylish and smart ensemble always looks pulled together, sophisticated, and feminine. This week’s High-End vs. Affordable style post features some of fall’s hottest fashion trends, including floral printed pants, crystal embellished clutches, and animal inspired jewelry.
1. 10 Crosby Derek Lam Printed Wide-Leg Pants ($395): Just because summer might be over doesn’t mean you can’t wear a tropical-inspired print. These stunning 10 Crosby Derek Lam printed silk pants are infused with a tropical floral-print twill, and feature a natural rise, side slash pockets, wide legs, and belt loops.
2. Diane von Furstenberg Jeweled Clutch ($527): If any woman knows a thing or two about glamour, it’s Diane von Furstenberg. This striking silver-tone clutch features a black bar clasp to the top, a hard box body covered in silver-tone jeweled details with a plain black back, a detachable silver-tone shoulder chain and a logo detailed pocket to the interior.
3. Miriam Salat Elephant Bangle ($759): Glitzy animal inspired jewelry is a big trend this season, so why not go full throttle with this gorgeous black resin bangle bracelet from Miriam Salat featuring a lion design, sterling silver hinges with a elephant head and tail set with cubic zirconias.
4. ASOS Premium Floral Pants ($80): Directional, exciting, and diverse, ASOS has made a name for themselves by creating uber-trendy clothing at ultra-affordable prices. These pants by ASOS Collection have been made from an oriental floral jacquard fabric with a subtle metallic finish. The details include: a peg-leg design with fitted high-rise, button closure, zip fly, diagonal pockets to the hips and pressed pleats.
5. Lulu Townsend Oval Clutch in Silver ($60): Carry an accessory that will have people saying, “WOW!” This show-stopping oval clutch from Lulu Townsend is a stylish handbag for any special evening. This satin clutch with beading features a jeweled top clasp closure, concealed chain link strap with 23″ drop, and luxe velvet lining.
6. BaubleBar Ebony Elephant Cuff ($32): The popular jewelry designers, BaubleBar, have outdone themselves once again with this dynamic bangle. Crafted from chic gold and black enamel, this elephant bangle works a decidedly elegant and sophisticated vibe and even comes topped with a beautify ruby gem.
5 Comments on “High-End vs. Affordable Fashion”
Happy Abbey says:
i love that floral pants. i want one.
Tany Fashionista says:
amazingly I actually like the affordable pieces better, I want it all, hehe!
I love the affordable outfit! Great for a college fashionista.
I actually like the affordable look better!
sophia -stacy says:
Love both versions but definetely aford the second!