With the 4th of July nearly here, folks all across the USA are starting to think about how they’re going to celebrate Independence Day. Whether you’re heading to a beach barbecue, a picnic in the park, or a pool party, here are 20 stylish ideas to inspire you to sport a little red, white, and blue on July 4th.
By the way, I have a secret to share – my birthday is on the 4th of July. Ironically, when I was young, I wanted to wear anything but red, white, and blue on July 4th. Well, over the years, that sentiment has changed. But instead of going all-out in starts and stripes, I now prefer an understated, patriotic-inspired look (like the 20 stylish pieces below), including my personal fave – stripes.
20 Chic Pieces to Wear to a 4th of July Party
From striped maxi dresses and patriotic-inspired sandals to trendy tote bags and sexy star-spangled jeans, featured in this week’s fashion edition of “Fabulous Finds” are 20 chic pieces to wear to a 4th of July party.
To shop these looks or to see more product details, click on each product image below.
1. Michael Lauren Striped Hoodie ($132): Classic stripes put a nautical spin on this butter-soft cotton-blend sweatshirt crafted with a comfy hood and adjustable drawstring hem.
2. Timex Original Tonals Watch ($75): With a classic analog dial and bold unique straps, you can see for yourself why this look has stood the test of time.
3. Hudson Jeans (
Orig. $195 – On Sale $129): Shredded knees and a ragged, cutoff waistband and cuffs add cool-girl edge to star-spangled crop skinny jeans perfect for showing off your patriotic side at festive barbecues and beyond.
4. Tularosa Maxi Dress ($180): Festive red, white and blue stripes brighten a striking maxi dress topped with a slender, keyhole-detailed sweetheart bodice. A bow in back perfects the silhouette, while a pair of sky-high vents allow the skirt to flutter and sway with every movement.
5. Sole Society Duffel Bag ($65): Durable and chic, this striped canvas duffel features reinforced dual-rolled top handles, gleaming hardware and an optional, adjustable shoulder strap for carrying convenience. A spacious, lined interior with pockets keeps your gear organized, making it ideal for trips to the gym, too.
6. Toms’ Wedge Sandal ($79): No matter who you’re rooting for, these bold red, white and blue sandals will have all eyes on you and the small election charms at the buckle.
7. Adelyn Rae Jumpsuit ($98): Slimming pinstripes smarten this décolleté jumpsuit designed with wide legs and a strappy back.
8. ECI Midi Dress ($88): Horizontal stripes in alternating hues give visual dimension to an office-ready sheath dress designed with demure three-quarter sleeves and a chic midi-length hem.
9. LOVEAPPELLA Maxi Dress ($68): Soft gathers atop the wide straps and on either side of the smooth waistband shape the plunging V-neck and ankle-grazing lightweight skirt of a lithe maxi dress cut from soft, supple jersey.
10. Lush Maxi Dress ($52): Ultra-skinny adjustable straps top a maxi dress with a softly bloused bodice that releases to a fluid, floor-grazing skirt.
11. Converse Sneakers ($50): Crisp white canvas is complemented with red and blue stripes on a classic sneaker fitted with hidden elastic at the tongue for easy slip-on wear.
12. Amour Vert Tank Top ($42): Crisp stripes in a classic maritime palette pattern a fluid stretch-knit tank styled with a twisted racerback and gently arching hem.
13. Vineyard Vines Top ($68): An elegant boatneck and jaunty stripes add classic nautical style to a comfy three-quarter sleeve tee cut from Peruvian pima cotton.
14. Jack Mason Brand Watch ($275): A handsome stainless steel wristwatch features a clean chronograph dial inspired by nautical instruments and a signature second hand colored in red, white and blue to match the American flag. A striped and branded NATO strap completes the sport-minded design.
15. Clare V Clutch ($339): This supple leather clutch with its bold red, white and blue stripes can go from sporty-chic to prep-sophisticate in an instant. Impeccable craftsmanship, with a focus on the lightly grained leather, informs this oversized, zip-style clutch, while gleaming hardware and Clare V.’s 14k-gold-plated medallion make it distinctive.
16. Eliza J Dress ($98): Contrast stripes lend visual dimension around the neck and hem of a rich sweater-dress, further accentuating its clean fit-and-flare silhouette.
17. Amour Vert Skirt ($68): Crisp, nautical-inspired stripes pattern a supersoft stretch-knit skirt that shows off your curves and feels super-comfy all day long.
18. Rails Plaid Shirt ($138): Buttery-soft fabric patterned in rustic plaid forms a relaxed button-front shirt perfect for layering over and under other pieces all year round.
19. LOVEAPPELLA Maxi Dress ($68): Soft gathers atop the wide straps and on either side of the smooth waistband shape the plunging V-neck and ankle-grazing lightweight skirt of a lithe maxi dress cut from soft, supple jersey.
20. Gucci Sandals ($495): Golden stars embellish the striped grosgrain straps on a smooth leather thong sandal that pays tribute to Gucci’s equestrian roots.
For more fashion trends, check out the Fabulous Shop on Inspirations & Celebrations.
Wishing you a safe and happy 4th of July!
For more fab tips, pics and videos, follow Inspirations & Celebrations on Google+, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter. To win fab goodies, enter the Inspirations & Celebrations’ Monthly Giveaway.
[Disclosure: Affiliate links included.]