While it’s always fun to get dressed up and go out to a fancy restaurant, sometimes the most romantic evenings happen in the privacy and comfort of your own home. Since every day should be “date night”, even if it’s just a weekday, why not spice up your love life by whipping up gourmet meals together?!
To help you cook sumptuous, gourmet meals at home, Sun Basket food delivery service provides the convenience and ease of shipping fresh, organic ingredients straight to your doorstep. Combined with haute cuisine-inspired recipes and pre-measured, responsibly-sourced foods, turning another ordinary night into a special celebration (everyday) is now a possibility.
What is Sun Basket?
Sun Basket is a food delivery subscription service that provides a variety of flavorful, healthy recipes and ingredients each week. While Sun Basket operates similar to other food delivery subscription services (like Hello Fresh), the Sun Basket recipes end up tasting and looking like restaurant-caliber meals.
In addition, the company claims to be “fresher than the grocery store – (delivering) the highest quality meats, seafood, and produce from the best farms to your table.” Plus, each meal promises to take 30 minutes or less to prepare, which is great news for busy folks.
The company prides itself on offering organic and non-GMO ingredients & delicious recipes delivered weekly, including Gluten-Free, Paleo and Vegetarian options, which makes it great for all types of people.
Starting at $11.49 per meal (per person), the cost of the program is a little higher than other food delivery services, but the quality of the meals warrants the higher price.
Below are the food subscription options outlined on Sun Basket’s website:
- Chef’s Choice: Each week, delivery includes three of Chef Justine’s favorite recipes and fresh seasonal ingredients. Enjoy an endless variety of delicious, satisfying meals featuring the season’s best produce and sustainably sourced meats and seafood.
- Rise & Shine: Each week, delivery includes two of Chef Justine’s favorite dinner recipes, plus two 5-minute breakfast recipes. This plan is perfect for those who only want to cook two dinners each week, adding on two healthy breakfasts to greet the day. The weekly price is the same as our other plans.
- Paleo: Each week get delivery of quick, low carb Paleo recipes, fresh seasonal produce, and sustainably sourced meats and seafood. You’ll never get bored of the Paleo diet with new recipes to cook each week!
- Gluten-Free: Each week, delivery includes three gluten-free recipes and fresh ingredients, like seasonal produce, sustainably sourced meats and seafood, plus healthy gluten-free grains.
- Vegetarian: Each week, delivery includes three delicious meatless recipes and fresh ingredients, with an emphasis on seasonal produce and nutritious plant-based proteins.
No matter which route you go, the truth is – once you take a bite out of a Sun Basket meal, you’ll be craving more!
During the week we tried out Sun Basket, we were shipped ingredients and easy-to-follow recipes for 3 different, exotic-flavored meals, including: Pork Loin with caramelized onions and honey-glazed root vegetables; Salmon in chraime with mint couscous; and Steak with roasted broccolini and tomatoes.
The Sun Basket recipes are created weekly by an award-winning San Francisco-based chef. “Former head chef of the James Beard award–winning The Slanted Door restaurant, Sun Basket’s Justine Kelly works closely with local farmers to bring the freshest seasonal ingredients to your kitchen.”
Each meal ranges from about 500-700 calories (per person), which is actually surprising, since the meals taste rich and heavy. But, with so many fresh vegetables and healthy ingredients, the meals offer both robust flavor and nutritional value. Since each of the Sun Basket meals are approved by a nutritionist, you know that you’re doing your diet a service, while you’re noshing away on delicious dinners (which makes it guilt-free dining).
One of the other unique aspects about Sun Basket it that they care about Mother Earth. To help reduce wastage, they ask Sun Basket members to return the shipping box, icepacks, insulation, and other packing materials (via a pre-paid shipping label), so that they can reuse and recycle.
Bottom line: Sun Basket is a wonderful food delivery service for people who enjoy epicurean diversity, cooking delicious new recipes, and fine dining (in the comfort of their own home). It’s also a perfect option for farm-to-table fans and those who love to entertain (and want to impress their guests).
To learn more about Sun Basket and to sign-up for their subscription service, visit SunBasket.com.
For more fab tips, pics and videos, follow Inspirations & Celebrations on Google+, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter.
[Disclosure: A complimentary box was provided for the purpose of this review. This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.]